F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 1 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:40 pm

FBI searches Mar-a-Lago, Trump says

Quote:
The FBI has searched the Mar-a-Lago home of Donald Trump, the former president said in a statement.

“They even broke into my safe,” Trump said on Monday in a lengthy statement describing it as a “raid.”

It was not immediately clear why the agents were present at Mar-a-Lago, but he said it was “under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents.”

“After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate,” he said.

The FBI and U.S. Attorney’s offices in Washington and for the Southern District of Florida did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Federal investigators are also pursuing evidence that Trump’s administration mishandled presidential records and even removed some boxes to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort.

An executed search warrant would require the signoff of a federal judge, who would issue the warrant based upon evidence of a potential crime.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:48 pm

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
This could be serious...
I fully hope that it is.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:54 pm

I hope they are very, very thorough.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:03 pm

The FBI had to obtain a search warrant from a federal judge in order to do this.

There aren't too many Florida federal judges who are "woke."

Many Republicans want to bring him down. They are sick and tired of his act.

It was also revealed.....that an ex Joint-Chiefs-of Staff Chief wrote a resignation letter to Trump (alas, not delivered to him), saying that Trump was ruining the country's reputation abroad, and accusing him of having dictatorial motives.

I don't know if the "crap is hitting the fan"-----but it's possible this is the beginning of this sort of situation.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:54 pm

Lololol I’m listening to the David Pakman live stream commentary rn while I work. This is better than Christmas! :D

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 8:17 pm

Quote:
Many Republicans want to bring him down. They are sick and tired of his act.

Maybe some RINO's, but the Republican collective hatred of and desire to "own" the left are much stronger.

Quote:
It was also revealed.....that an ex Joint-Chiefs-of Staff Chief wrote a resignation letter to Trump (alas, not delivered to him), saying that Trump was ruining the country's reputation abroad, and accusing him of having dictatorial motives.
\
Not at all unusual for a four star general to be more of a politician and a candy ass than a military officer. As a veteran, I've always been skeptical of anyone above bird colonel.
"Ruining the country's reputation abroad, and accusing him of having dictatorial motives". is typical liberal rhetoric describing Donald J. Trump.
I'd want authentication of that letter.
Change my mind.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 8:18 pm

FBI raid at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago tied to classified material, sources say

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump said Monday that the FBI "raided" his Florida home at Mar-a-Lago and even cracked his safe, with a source familiar telling NBC News that the search was tied to classified information Trump allegedly took with him from the White House to his Palm Beach resort in January 2021.

Trump also claimed in a written statement that the search — unprecedented in American history — was politically motivated, though he did not provide specifics.

In mid-January, the National Archives “arranged for the transport from Mar-a-Lago to the National Archives of 15 boxes that contained Presidential records, following discussions with President Trump’s representatives in 2021,” the agency said in a statement.

When the National Archives discovered the missing documents, it demanded them of the former president, who eventually turned over 15 boxes of the documents in February.

That same month, the National Archives and Records Administration asked the Justice Department to examine whether Trump’s handling of White House records violated federal law, a story first reported by The Washington Post and subsequently confirmed by NBC News sources.

Just hours before agents searched Trump's residence on Monday, the FBI notified the Secret Service about the bureau’s plans to execute the warrant, according to a Secret Service official. The Secret Service facilitated access to the property, the official said, but did not participate in any aspect of the search.

It was unclear how long the FBI remained at Trump’s home.

The New York Times first reported the focus on the National Archives.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 8:59 pm

”The events of the last couple weeks have caused me to do deep soul-searching," Milley wrote, "and I can no longer faithfully support and execute your orders as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It is my belief that you were doing great and irreparable harm to my country. I believe that you have made a concerted effort over time to politicize the United States military. I thought that I could change that. I’ve come to the realization that I cannot, and I need to step aside and let someone else try to do that."

These are the words of a man of great integrity and honesty -- in stark contrast to Mr. Trump.

Change MY mind!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 9:38 pm

Republicans erupt over FBI’s Mar-a-Lago raid

Quote:
A growing number of Republicans are erupting over news of an FBI raid of former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence, accusing federal agents of unfairly targeting the ex-president for political purposes, with some suggesting that the law enforcement agency be “defunded.”

Many Republicans also echoed sentiments from Trump’s Monday statement in which he said his home had been raided by the FBI and that agents had opened a safe belonging to him.

“In third world countries and banana republics they prosecute the former presidents/leaders and their staff,” Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) tweeted. “Right now, we look beneath them. We are in a race to the bottom.”

Florida lawmakers also weighed in, mostly notably Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is increasingly seen as a potential GOP presidential candidate who could challenge Trump in 2024 should the former president opt for another run.

“The raid of MAL is another escalation in the weaponization of federal agencies against the Regime’s political opponents, while people like Hunter Biden get treated with kid gloves,” wrote DeSantis. “Now the Regime is getting another 87k IRS agents to wield against its adversaries? Banana Republic.”

Using government power to persecute political opponents is something we have seen many times from 3rd world Marxist dictatorships,” wrote Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.). “But never before in America.”

Former Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), who chaired the House Oversight and Reform Committee during the FBI’s investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private email server, noted that the bureau never raided Clinton’s home in that probe.

He also called for the firing of FBI Director Christopher Wray, who was nominated by Trump in 2017.

Like DeSantis, some GOP lawmakers invoked President Biden’s son Hunter Biden, who is under federal investigation by the Justice Department into his worldwide business dealings.

“The FBI just raided Trump’s Mar-a-Lago,” tweeted Sen. Roger Marshall (R-Kan.). “Is this equal application of the law? Or is this a political hit job? #HillaryClinton #WheresHunter”

Other Republicans tied the raid to President Biden himself. The White House said Monday it “did not have notice of the reported action.”

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 10:19 pm

The above are the thoughts of Trump cult syncophants.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 10:25 pm

Finally after six years of one committee after another, it's become proactive.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 10:42 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Wow, it's that exact thing I warned about in the other thread, right down to the choice of words.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 10:49 pm

Hunter Biden didn’t seek to overturn a legitimately-conducted election. THAT is the ultimate banana-republic move.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 11:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hunter Biden didn’t seek to overturn a legitimately-conducted election. THAT is the ultimate banana-republic move.

The president's corrupt son collecting kickbacks from shady businessmen and not being charged with the many felonies he bizarrely videotapes himself committing while his father's political allies refuse to investigate isn't sleazy enough for you? To be clear, my complaint here is the hypocrisy, not that one excuses the other.