F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 63 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 10:08 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
755 more days of the same scenario. And that's only if he's not reelected.

:lol:

Wake up, wake up! Seems you’re in a very deep sleep dream world if that’s what you think is going to happen.

There’s no such thing as orange privilege in America. Former guy is not above the law. The USA and DOJ aren’t going to set the precedent that his actions are perfectly acceptable. He’s getting indicted - and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s on multiple charges, both state and federal. Then even if he doesn’t lose his freedom he’s going to lose his money.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 10:10 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

It will never hold up in court as such. I doubt it will even be admissible. I'm not a lawyer, but I do need to know my legal levels of authority for my career, and I do know what evidence is.

And you really need to stop relying on Facebook, MSNBC, et all for news analysis. My rule of thumb is to never rely on video analysis; more difficult to see the tricks and holes.

I'd be happy for Trump to self-incriminate and end this all, but he isn't actually that dumb.

Facts and logic spoil fantasy. This is going to continue for at least two more years. Every day for the next 755 days it's going to be another "this is it, his goose is cooked for sure this time" article.

Facts and logic will spoil your fantasy of trumpty dumpty skating w/o consequences. Fact is that multiple investigations are closing in on him and his lifetime of crime.

He'll keep appealing and trying every delay tactic he can, but the orange dude is gonna be charged with some crimes and his ill gotten gains are going to become the property of the IRS, and maybe NY state etc. He may never see the inside of a jail cell, but there's zero chance he skates on trying to overthrow the US gov't.

I define him not seeing the inside of a jail cell as him getting away with it. Even if they somehow take away his businesses he will be living better then 99 percent of us. Him getting away with it will further embolden if that is possible MAGA’s. Him dying before any legal consequences might be the worst scenario of all. It will further convince the MAGA’s that God and has his and thier backs.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 10:31 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I define him not seeing the inside of a jail cell as him getting away with it. Even if they somehow take away his businesses he will be living better then 99 percent of us. Him getting away with it will further embolden if that is possible MAGA’s. Him dying before any legal consequences might be the worst scenario of all. It will further convince the MAGA’s that God and has his and thier backs.

Can you name anyone calls themselves a "MAGA" who wields any kind authority? So far the only "MAGAs" I know of are layperson idiots who were allowed into the capital building to make fools of themselves. What happens when DeSantis or some other republican becomes president? Are they still going to be "MAGAs"? Or will they become something else like "DeSatanists"? I think the odds are slim that Trump, especially considering the he's going to be indicted any minute now scenario, is going to pull off what's only happened once in US history, and have fractured presidency that's essentially going to make him a lame duck. Outside of that, most Americans are caring less and less about what happens to him legally. Whatever the outcome is, it's probably years down the road and most Americans will have moved on by then.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 10:47 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

It will never hold up in court as such. I doubt it will even be admissible. I'm not a lawyer, but I do need to know my legal levels of authority for my career, and I do know what evidence is.

And you really need to stop relying on Facebook, MSNBC, et all for news analysis. My rule of thumb is to never rely on video analysis; more difficult to see the tricks and holes.

I'd be happy for Trump to self-incriminate and end this all, but he isn't actually that dumb.

Facts and logic spoil fantasy. This is going to continue for at least two more years. Every day for the next 755 days it's going to be another "this is it, his goose is cooked for sure this time" article.

Facts and logic will spoil your fantasy of trumpty dumpty skating w/o consequences. Fact is that multiple investigations are closing in on him and his lifetime of crime.

He'll keep appealing and trying every delay tactic he can, but the orange dude is gonna be charged with some crimes and his ill gotten gains are going to become the property of the IRS, and maybe NY state etc. He may never see the inside of a jail cell, but there's zero chance he skates on trying to overthrow the US gov't.

He's an old rich white (orange?) guy in the USA, the chances he actually goes to jail are low.

He'd be getting away with everything if there were no indictments or trials and he and his crime family were able to keep their ill gotten gains - reminds me - there's still stuff being investigated and compiled about his blatant abuse of the presidency in terms of completely ignoring the emoluments clause and doing the exact opposite.. everything he possibly could to enrich himself. He could still face consequences for that, too.

It'd be the cherry on top if he dies in jail like some former secret service (I think) guy predicted in ~2016, but since his entire persona is based upon being able to brag to the world that he's really rich.. being exposed as in debt and bankrupt, and then having his assets seized and sold and dying poor would be sufficient punishment just knowing that That would just destroy him waaaaay more than having to stay at club fed.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 10:56 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Can you name anyone calls themselves a "MAGA" who wields any kind authority? So far the only "MAGAs" I know of are layperson idiots who were allowed into the capital building to make fools of themselves. What happens when DeSantis or some other republican becomes president? Are they still going to be "MAGAs"? Or will they become something else like "DeSatanists"? I think the odds are slim that Trump, especially considering the he's going to be indicted any minute now scenario, is going to pull off what's only happened once in US history, and have fractured presidency that's essentially going to make him a lame duck. Outside of that, most Americans are caring less and less about what happens to him legally. Whatever the outcome is, it's probably years down the road and most Americans will have moved on by then.

It seems you're really unable to read the room on this. Perhaps there are only like minded people in the actual room you're in ? :?

greene, boebert, gaetz etc are the notable political talking heads that've yapped about maga. Most sane people don't. Who knows what the next batch of insurrectionists may call themselves until they decide on their particular brand of treason.

As has been pointed out, DOJ is being thorough And abiding by traditions of not indicting dirtbags too near elections. It's predicted that charges will start dropping after the midterms in December. Time will tell if they're ready then or not.

Umm, trump was twice impeached - and there are republicans on record stating that they knew he was guilty but all voted to acquit anyways.. and it's blatantly obvious that he's committed many More crimes against the USA, crimes that any level headed American will want to see him prosecuted for vs. setting the precedent that seditious conspiracies to overthrow the US gov't are A-Okay! People aren't just 'moving on,' from J6.. but how would you even know much about it ? :? you've stated that you choose to remain ignorant by refusing to watch the J6 hearings and learn what hundreds of Millions of other people have about trump and his gang's criming that day, leading up to it, and since. Pretending trump didn't commit all these crimes doesn't make it true no matter how much you hope he gets away with it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 11:50 am

yawn

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 11:56 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
yawn

Rest well, you're going to need it to be able to process all the losing trump is going to be doing in the months ahead. 8)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 11:58 am

I don't care.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 12:00 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I don't care.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Okaaay, whatever you say.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 12:00 pm

Apathy is bliss.

TDS is mildly amusing.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 12:03 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Apathy is bliss.

:chin:

Maybe that's how trump supporters will try to save face as their guy goes down for his crime spree while in office? :?

By pretending they don't care & never did.

Of course it'll be funny to me, but it's extra funny because if trump himself hears of it he'll freak out and go on a truthstorm rampage that he's now become irrelevant to his supporters. 8)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 12:09 pm

TDS

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 12:09 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

The important activities have moved beyond the 1/6 fools on the Capital Hill to people who want the same result sans 1/6/incompetence. These people are trying to get themselves elected to state and congressional positions so they can mess with the electoral college and if that does not work the certification process. DeSantanists are MAGA’s with a less extreme outer shell. Trump being jailed gives them pause for thought, makes them believe they need to mask more if you will, Trump getting away with it, the opposite.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 12:12 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

It seems you're really unable to read the room on this. Perhaps there are only like minded people in the actual room you're in ? :?

greene, boebert, gaetz etc are the notable political talking heads that've yapped about maga. Most sane people don't. Who knows what the next batch of insurrectionists may call themselves until they decide on their particular brand of treason.

As has been pointed out, DOJ is being thorough And abiding by traditions of not indicting dirtbags too near elections. It's predicted that charges will start dropping after the midterms in December. Time will tell if they're ready then or not.

Umm, trump was twice impeached - and there are republicans on record stating that they knew he was guilty but all voted to acquit anyways.. and it's blatantly obvious that he's committed many More crimes against the USA, crimes that any level headed American will want to see him prosecuted for vs. setting the precedent that seditious conspiracies to overthrow the US gov't are A-Okay! People aren't just 'moving on,' from J6.. but how would you even know much about it ? :? you've stated that you choose to remain ignorant by refusing to watch the J6 hearings and learn what hundreds of Millions of other people have about trump and his gang's criming that day, leading up to it, and since. Pretending trump didn't commit all these crimes doesn't make it true no matter how much you hope he gets away with it.

Most MAGA’s will assume the deep state got away with it and become more radicialized.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 12:23 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The important activities have moved beyond the 1/6 fools on the Capital Hill to people who want the same result sans 1/6/incompetence. These people are trying to get themselves elected to state and congressional positions so they can mess with the electoral college and if that does not work the certification process.

Like who?

And haven't the democrats been wanting to get rid of the EC for a long time? Especially after 2016?

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeSantanists are MAGA’s with a less extreme outer shell. Trump being jailed gives them pause for thought, makes them believe they need to mask more if you will, Trump getting away with it, the opposite.

I'd say this is the right month for such chilling tales.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 12:29 pm

TNS