Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 9:17 pm

Today there was a thread about Freemasonry. Now all trace of that thread is gone. Not sure I've seen that happen before.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 9:25 pm

MaxE wrote:
Today there was a thread about Freemasonry. Now all trace of that thread is gone. Not sure I've seen that happen before.
Was it about Freemasonry, or was it one member’s false accusations against Freemasonry?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 9:34 pm

It was also anti-vaccine. Is that against the rules?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Aug 2022, 10:25 pm

MaxE wrote:
That was removed because despite earlier warnings to the OP about posting unfounded material making generalised accusations on Freemasons, the thread was created anyway.
As a point of interest - if those accusations were instead made about Jews, or Catholics, or Muslims etc - the thread would still have been removed.

It also featured an image of the corpse of Isacc Kappy shortly after he was shot, with the implication that Freemasons were somehow responsible for it because Kappy mentioned Alex Jones in a video lifted by persons unknown and used in a bizarre music video linked on Gab (not a site known for rational content).

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 7:11 am

Cornflake wrote:
That was removed because despite earlier warnings to the OP about posting unfounded material making generalised accusations on Freemasons, the thread was created anyway.
As a point of interest - if those accusations were instead made about Jews, or Catholics, or Muslims etc - the thread would still have been removed.

Thanks.

It should be noted that grand conspiracy claims against Freemasons often drag in various minority religions along for the ride too, including not only Jews but also Pagans, occultists, and Satanists.

That's one reason why I personally find most of today's anti-Masonic grand conspiracy claims to be very offensive, apart from the fact that my grandfather was a Mason.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 7:51 am

The Anti-Masons weren't so great in the 19th century, either.....

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 8:41 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
It should be noted that grand conspiracy claims against Freemasons often drag in various minority religions along for the ride too, including not only Jews but also Pagans, occultists, and Satanists.
It should also be noted that those "grand conspiracy claims" are inaccurate, in that they falsely portray Freemasons and their rituals as anti-Christian.  Tracing back some of these claims led me to either a loose affiliation of independent fundamentalist Christian sect leaders, or to the nebulous bureaucracy of the Roman Catholic Church.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 9:49 am

Fnord wrote:
It should also be noted that those "grand conspiracy claims" are inaccurate

Isn't "inaccurate" an understatement? More like full of crap?

Anyhow, thanks for your efforts to debunk some of this stuff.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:01 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It should also be noted that those "grand conspiracy claims" are inaccurate.
Isn't "inaccurate" an understatement? More like full of crap?
I am trying to be diplomatic these days, so as not to receive another warning from the mods.
Mona Pereth wrote:
Anyhow, thanks for your efforts to debunk some of this stuff.
You are very welcome!