Am I the most old-fashioned person on WP?

Page 1 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Am I the most old-fashioned member?
Yes 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
No 42%  42%  [ 11 ]
That depends 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Just be yourself 54%  54%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 26

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 10:34 pm

I've seen some pretty old-fashioned posts by a couple of members over the past week. Having said that, I wonder if I'm the most old-fashioned of them all. I'm Pro-Life, I like the 40s and I seem to be somewhat warlike compared to the majority of the members here. I also can't get myself away from Schultz for more than a week when it comes to avatars. Would you say that I'm the most old-fashioned WP member, or are there people here who are more old-fashioned than myself?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 10:48 pm

I like the 1840s. I live by candlelight. I knit and crochet.
I don't have a microwave and I do everything old school.

You're still a sweet pea.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 10:50 pm

Probably not.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 11:01 pm

I'm old-fashioned in my political views. But best not to discuss that here.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 3:23 am

I think there are plenty of people who are pro-life still. I wouldn't make that the definition of being old-fashioned. Now if you've never talked to the opposite sex without being introduced first, that would probably qualify. :D

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 3:29 am

I thought the majority of the WP members were old-fashioned. You, the OP, seem to me to be a rather modern person.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 8:34 am

You young'uns have no idea what "Old-Fashioned" really means!  Why, when I was your age, we mixed our Old-Fashions with home-made hootch, 'cept we called it "Bathtub Gin" instead!  Our bathtub was on that back porch next to the firewood and the smoked bacon, which was all we ever smoked unless there was plenty of corn-silk in the field.  I remember a time when me and my cousins was smokin' corn-silk out back o'the barn readin' National Geographic and talkin' 'bout girls when a sudden rainstorm came up and drenched us all to the bone.  Fortunately, we was able to git inside 'fore any of us got hit by lightning but you shoulda heard ma yellin' at us for trackin' dirt into her kitchen, bein' the kind a woman what was proud of her house-keeping.

Now, she was real old-fashioned that way.

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 8:41 am

What is the definition of old fashioned? I need clarification.

I thought I was old fashioned because I don't go out on drinking binges, I don't show off on social media and have thousands of followers, and I don't work in crypto currency :wink:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 9:11 am

A transgender person (or whatever the term is for someone born one sex, but id'ing as the other gender) asks us all if he is 'old fashioned'?

A transgender person worries about being 'old fashioned'?????
=====================

Okay. Im back.

Ive just finnished catching my breath after laughing my ass off. :D

I actually know what you mean. You are indeed a complex mix of the radical and the 'old fashioned'. But so are all of us- in some ways or other.

I dont see eye to eye with you on politics. But I am with you on fashion and music. I listen to music of my time (which is your Kinks Sixties era), or before my time (like the Forties) more often then I listen to current top 40.

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 9:19 am

KitLily wrote:
What is the definition of old fashioned? I need clarification.

I thought I was old fashioned because I don't go out on drinking binges, I don't show off on social media and have thousands of followers, and I don't work in crypto currency :wink:

I think it depends whether you don't understand "these new fangled things the kiddies are into these days" OR you just don't give an F about following the herd.

I'm not into any of the things you mentioned either, but it's because I don't give an F about trends.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 10:13 am

I have an address book.

I still write out Christmas cards.

I send cards in the mail.

I go to the store to buy my shopping.

I like to write my stories with pen and paper (although a typewriter is also an old-fashioned way but I still prefer handwriting).

I respect my elders and I expect to be respected by my youth.

Drugs aren't cool to me.

I feel children should be disciplined more (I still believe in naughty children being spanked not mollycoddled).

I believe in gender roles.

I hate political correctness.

I'm only answering the OP's question, I'm not pushing my beliefs on to others or trolling or criticising anyone, I'm just saying how I'm old-fashioned, that's all. I'm allowed to do that aren't I?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 10:18 am

I have mostly "old-fashioned" values, too.

I still send some bills out in the "snail mail."

I still go into stores to do my shopping; no online for me.

I don't like handwriting my stories.....because my handwriting stinks, and it's too much of an effort. I type much better than I handwrite.

I respect my elders, too.....and I don't expect a younger person to bow down to me----but it would be nice if I'm respected as a person by all.

Drugs are eminently "uncool" to me. I've been a "square" for all my life.

I don't believe in spanking.

Sometimes, "political correctness" can go too far----but I believe in most "woke" sorts of things.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 10:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I don't like handwriting my stories.....because my handwriting stinks, and it's too much of an effort. I type much better than I handwrite.

I respect my elders, too.....and I don't expect a younger person to bow down to me----but it would be nice if I'm respected as a person by all.

Sometimes, "political correctness" can go too far----but I believe in most "woke" sorts of things.

I was really scared of posting that but I tried to make it seem as polite as I could. I shouldn't have to feel scared to post my values here but I bet you any money you like it'll still be reported and deleted.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 10:38 am

What's old-fashioned these days? Being nostalgic about stuff from the 1990s? :)

I've had a soft spot for golden age animation for as long as I can remember, even though a lot of the cartoons were very politically incorrect. But then again, so was a lot of humor in cartoons from the 90s.

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 10:38 am

Joe90 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I was really scared of posting that but I tried to make it seem as polite as I could. I shouldn't have to feel scared to post my values here but I bet you any money you like it'll still be reported and deleted.

It didn't come off in a negative way or preachy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 10:41 am

I happen to like many sitcoms and Westerns from the 50s and 60s.

I grew up having to watch "Emergency!"----or else I'd have a fit!