Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Leftflowers
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2022, 1:35 pm

I made this account ages ago but never posted anything, to be honest I totally forgot about it...

To introduce myself, I'm a 24yr old woman in the UK, diagnosed with ASD level 1 when I was 19 years old.

I have a cyclical pattern of interests, but the one I have decided to pursue as a career is autism research in psychology. I have a Bsc in Psychology and I currently work with disabled people in employment related support.

I'm preparing to move cities to do a masters degree and it's been a completely awful process, I have a headache every day, I'm struggling to look after myself, and I often worry that I am just not going to achieve any of my goals in life because of the barriers I face with my autism. In contrast, I often find myself questioning my autism too. I feel unsure if my diagnosis is even correct despite all signs telling me it is.

I find friendships and relationships really difficult, I'm probably going to end up coming on here to talk about that sort of thing in the future (mainly to avoid complaining about it too much on reddit or instagram haha).

I want to try to participate in discussions more, both in real life and online. So, hi! :heart:

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 1:38 pm

Welcome to wrong planet!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 3:13 pm

I'm glad you decided to join into the WP conversation. I hope you find it worth your time.

And I can't offer much help but I am also Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level 1 (Mild) and I can mention a tactic that sometimes helps me when I must go through some life ordeal. I try not to think about it, at all, not to dwell on it. I just accept I will be going through it and go through it living in the instant and not worrying about the next instant (though, of course, doing the things I need to do to prepare for what is coming).

Sort of like being on a ride in and amusement park.

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 4:16 pm

Hello and welcome to WrongPlanet from New Zealand - I hope you will enjoy it here!! ! :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 9:39 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Carl Friedrich Gauss
Raven
Raven

13 Aug 2022, 4:22 am

Hello. I am in a similar situation. I graduated from Psychological counseling. I gave up computer engineering after two years, though. Now, I am trying to do master in a different field, mainly mathematics and computer science.

But, process is very difficult as you mentioned. In my case, I suffer from a kind of allergy. I am new here. And please don't go anywhere. There are no place but here I can have friends. Because I believe NT's will never understand me. The world I am living in. Maybe we can help each other, at least understand each other.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 7:50 am

Welcome to WP! :mrgreen: