Why is there so much crisis in the UK?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 9:00 am

It a combination of things, Covid has created supply-chain issues, Brexit, has created economic issues etc. These things will resolve eventually.

As to the possibility of blackouts? If they are truly necessary, they are "rolling blackouts" (we have them here in the US occasionally, and usually they are a few hours at a time in different areas, and they warn residents ahead of time. While its not always convenient, you won't be left without power for long periods.

Last edited by DanielW on 11 Aug 2022, 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 9:08 am

Joe90 wrote:
Well if there's black-outs at night then me and my boyfriend can keep each other warm in bed. When we went to Scotland one winter the pipes froze in the family beach house and oh my God it was so cold. We turned all the radiators on but it took about 12 hours for the pipes to unfreeze. We could see our breath as we got into bed on the first night. We had our bathrobes on and thick socks, and cuddled up right under the duvet together. I woke up a couple of hours later absolutely sweating hot even though the radiators were still cold. I had to take my bathrobe and socks off to cool down.

So yeah, with the body heat my boyfriend generates you can warm up pretty good. :) But at the moment we can't sleep together in this heat because of the amount of body heat next to me on the bed, and we don't have another bed in the apartment and the couch is too uncomfortable to sleep on, so I stay up all night until he gets up for work at 4am, then I go to bed and get up at 10am (I don't start work until the afternoon so it works out quite well).

That's a good way of looking at it :)