Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 12:15 pm

This probably explains an interesting observation.

I suffered a stroke about a year and a half ago. It was MAJOR. Most people do not recover from such a loss.
But I am coming back on line. After my stroke, I found that my body changed. I required more sleep. So every night I went to bed at 8 pm and work up around 7 am. It was like clockwork. This went on for a year and then stopped. It now makes sense. My body was repairing itself. And the repair required much more sleep, the kind that an infant needs right after birth. It required REM and deep NREM sleep to restore itself.

The stroke damaged the left side of my brain. I lost around 2 percent of my brain cells. But that took around 20 percent off line. That is because much of the human brain is constructed with pieces that contain series combinations.

Now I was able to recover and reconnect many of these strips of series but not all. This let me get back to around a 2 percent mark. Still a major loss but one I could live with. I can always regrow cells and fill them up with new information.

But it is really important for my body to repair the loss. In my case that was the cells in the left half of my brain. For me that is my sleep brain. And the best way to recover the loss was to SLEEP.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2023, 11:00 am

I think I am making progress on my recovery from my stroke. Many people who suffer strokes experience vision loss. I lost the vision on the right side of my face. After my stroke I suffered at least three levels of vision loss. I have been working very hard on repairing the damage and have made great strides but never got to the finish line.

As a Christmas gift this year, my daughter bought me a new product called RENPHO RF-EM001. I have been using it for about a month now and I think it might provide the final step in getting my vision back. The human eye has several layers. The third layer inside the eye is a liquid. But after my stroke, part of it turned into a gel. As a result, my vision on my right side does not see properly. This device uses heat and pressure to vibrate the inner areas of the eyes to dissolve this layer away. It is a rather interesting concept, and I think it is actually working.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2023, 1:22 pm

jimmy m wrote:
I think I am making progress on my recovery from my stroke. Many people who suffer strokes experience vision loss. I lost the vision on the right side of my face. After my stroke I suffered at least three levels of vision loss. I have been working very hard on repairing the damage and have made great strides but never got to the finish line.

As a Christmas gift this year, my daughter bought me a new product called RENPHO RF-EM001. I have been using it for about a month now and I think it might provide the final step in getting my vision back. The human eye has several layers. The third layer inside the eye is a liquid. But after my stroke, part of it turned into a gel. As a result, my vision on my right side does not see properly. This device uses heat and pressure to vibrate the inner areas of the eyes to dissolve this layer away. It is a rather interesting concept, and I think it is actually working.

Glad to hear

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 12:06 pm

I think my mind is beginning to work again. There is a condition called Multiple Sclerosis. It strikes people early in life. Generally between the ages of 20 and 40. It is a really terrible condition. But perhaps there is a cure for this hereditary disease. And it already exist.