Attack on Ohio FBI Building Thwarted.

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 10:53 am

This just in: Ohio State Highway Patrol officers reportedly exchanged fire Thursday morning with a man who tried to break into an FBI building in Cincinnati, Ohio.  This is a breaking story, so details are sketchy at the moment.

Interstate I-71 North was shut down after the suspect drove away from the scene and reportedly started firing at police from a cornfield.  FBI negotiators have also arrived on the scene.

The suspect is described as a white male, armed with a rifle.

Source 1 

FBI officials at the Cincinnati Field Office confirmed that the situation began after an armed man showed up at the office and allegedly made threats.

A lockdown has been put in effect for all buildings within a 1-mile radius of the suspect's location as of late Thursday morning.

The incident comes after the FBI carried out a search warrant of former President Donald Trump's residence at Mar-a-Lago on Monday.

Source 2 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 5:12 pm

AP

Quote:
An Ohio emergency management agency said a standoff has ended Thursday between law enforcement and an armed man suspected of trying to breach the FBI’s Cincinnati office.

State police earlier said the man has “unknown injuries” after he fled and exchanged gunfire with law enforcement.

An update posted to the Facebook page of the Clinton County Emergency Management Agency indicated the “law enforcement operations and response” was over, but included no information about how the standoff was resolved or the status of the suspect.

Officials said the man was wearing body armor and was chased onto a highway, then had abandoned his car on nearby country roads bordered by woods and farm fields just off I-71, about 45 miles (72 kilometers) northeast of Cincinnati.

Federal officials said the man “attempted to breach” the visitor’s screening area at the FBI office and fled when agents confronted him. After fleeing onto Interstate 71, he was spotted by a trooper and fired shots as the trooper pursued him, said Lt. Nathan Dennis, a Ohio State Highway Patrol spokesperson.

The suspect left the interstate north of Cincinnati and abandoned his car on rural roads, where he exchanged gunfire with police. The man has “unknown injuries,” but no one else was hurt, the patrol said.

State highway workers blocked off roads leading to the scene as a helicopter flew over the area. Officials locked down a mile radius near the interstate and urged residents and business owners to lock doors and stay inside. The interstate has been reopened.

There have been growing threats in recent days against FBI agents and offices across the country since federal agents executed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago. On Gab, a social media site popular with white supremacists and antisemites, users have warned they are preparing for an armed revolution.

The FBI on Wednesday also warned its agents to avoid protesters and ensure their security key cards are “not visible outside FBI space,” citing an increase in social media threats to bureau personnel and facilities. It also warned agents to be aware of their surroundings and potential protesters.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 8:51 pm

I hope no one sees this as the first shots in a civil war.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 9:04 pm

Conscriptions have been assembled and are ready to depart.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 9:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I hope no one sees this as the first shots in a civil war.

Eh, not really, we've had a few of these over the years; that guy who kamikazied his plane into the IRS building in Texas years ago, the aging antifa dude who attacked an ICE facility in Tacoma back in 2019, or even arguably the OKC bombing, and none of them touched off anything. What I'm watching out for are assassinations, the closest recent call being the would be Supreme Court assassin, that really could touch off a retaliatory cycle if someone managed to upset the balance of power and tip us into sectarian violence. It's the ease of doing and the contagion effect, storming a government building isn't really something an ordinary person working alone can do to any real effect, but potshotting a politician or individual cop or judge is trivially easy, and a critical mass of such attacks could occur very quickly in our overheated political environment.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 1:27 am

Is this the man?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 6:12 am

cyberdad wrote:

Is this the man?

That man is probably a war veteran.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:30 am

Suspect who tried to breach FBI office dies in standoff.

A man tried to breach the visitor's screening area at the FBI office Thursday morning and fled when agents confronted him.  He was later spotted by a state trooper along Interstate 71 and fired shots as the trooper chased him.

The suspect eventually got out of his car on a rural road, exchanged gunfire with police and was injured.  No one else was hurt.

Attempted negotiations failed, and police tried unsuccessfully to use unspecified less lethal tactics, but the suspect was shot when he raised a gun toward officers.  The man died at the scene.

The suspect was identified as Ricky Shiffer, 42.

Read the Full Article
 HERE 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 4:57 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Is this the man?

He does look like your average 2nd Amendment supporter.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 5:44 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
He does look like your average 2nd Amendment supporter.

Take the trolling elsewhere please.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 7:53 pm

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:24 pm

Intel in suggests he's a pro-Trump militia who was at the Jan 6 attack,

His motivation for his terrorism act was the recent raid on Trump
https://oliverwillis.com/who-is-ricky-s ... g-suspect/
Report: Shiffer Called For Violence After FBI Went To Mar-a-Lago. “On Truth Social, a social media platform founded by Trump’s media company, Trump Media & Technology Group, Shiffer appeared to have posted a message detailing his failed attempt to gain entry to the FBI building. “Well, I thought I had a way through bullet proof glass, and I didn’t. If you don’t hear from me, it is true I tried attacking the F.B.I., and it’ll mean either I was taken off the internet, the F.B.I. got me, or they sent the regular cops while,” the account @RickyWShifferJr wrote at 9:29 a.m. ET, shortly after police allege the shooting occured. Shiffer posted to Truth Social multiple times in the days after the FBI searched Trump’s residence about wanting to engage in violence. One post called for people to arm themselves and be ready for “combat.”” [NBC]

Account With Shiffer’s Name Called To “Kill” FBI. “Two days before Shiffer embarked on the failed breach, an account under the same name on Truth Social foreshadowed the attack, calling for followers to “kill the F.B.I. on sight” in the wake of the Trump raid. In his bio on TruthSocial, Shiffer identified himself as an electrician based in Columbus, Ohio, who had multiple social media firms lock his account. “People, this is it,” the account posted. “I hope a call to arms comes from someone better qualified, but if not, this is your call to arms from me. Leave work tomorrow as soon as the gun shop/Army-Navy store/pawn shop opens, get whatever you need to be ready for combat. We must not tolerate this one.”” [Daily Beast]

Shiffer Account Praised Right-Wing Proud Boys. “In a separate reply that day, the user referred approvingly to the Proud Boys, an extremist right-wing group, several of whose leaders face charges in the Capitol riot, in response to a comment about the Supreme Court. “Oh, the packing. The packing could be here. Save ammunition, get in touch with the Proud Boys and learn how they did it in the Revolutionary War, because submitting to tyranny while lawfully protesting was never the American way. LEXINGTON,” the user wrote.” [Washington Post]

Report: Ricky Shiffer Truth Social Account Scrubbed After Attack. “The suspect may have also had an account on Truth Social. “Looks like Truth Social just deleted the account suspected to be that of the man who attacked the FBI office in Cincinnati,” USA Today correspondent Will Carless reported. “If this is Shiffer’s Truth Social account, he posted two days ago about killing federal agents, and posted 8 hours ago about attacking the FBI,” Carless reported.” [Raw Story]

Shiffer Reportedly Shared Tweets With Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene

Would be interested to read if Marjorie might have encouraged him?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:26 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Is this the man?

That man is probably a war veteran.

There's war veterans who are also members of the klan. Are you suggesting that's a "get out of jail card"?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:42 pm

Seems he didn't plan it out very well...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:47 pm

Raptor wrote:

Probably like the Jan 6 attack. It was also unplanned.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:55 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Probably like the Jan 6 attack. It was also unplanned.

Which is why I don't take it seriously.
Now if I'd planned it...nah, I'd better not...
:twisted: