Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Najash
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2022, 7:31 pm

Have you had pica as a child? It's this mania of putting non-edible or strange foods in your mouth.

I remember eating dog croquettes, I knew it was bad because my mom let me know when she saw me, so I would wait for her to get lost to hide and eat it. I don't remember how many times it was, but I don't think many because the taste of the croquettes was ugly and eventually I stopped.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 7:36 pm

I used to slurp up the water from the condensation on the windowsills. I grew out of it by age 6.

I also would eat the foam from the bubble bath in the bathtub.

I'm still here to tell the tale. :lol:

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 8:04 pm

No pica but I've tried dog biscuits - 1/10 would not recommend.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 10:29 pm

I tried eating dog food because I wanted a healthy snack one night. I thought it tasted pretty good.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 10:31 pm

I had pica as a child and my son had it, too.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 11:47 pm

I mean me and my boyfriend may need to start eating dog food with the grocery prices lately...so how is it? does it taste ok? or is canned cat food better....lol perhaps we can make a cat food stir fry.

For sure I am poor enough it looks tempting with some of the canned catfood lablels like couldn't I just microwave some facny feast and eat it over rice. That said I figure cat food does not taste good because my boyfriend works in tree care and whenever he has come across a canister of open cat food usually there are a couple empty shooter bottles like the person got just drunk enough to justify eating the cat food. What a sad place to be though, homeless alcoholic eating cat food, that does sound rough.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 12:06 am

I'd like try eating Fancy Feast burgers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 12:15 am

Heated Fancy Feast over spätzle would also be nice and cheap to eat.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 12:20 am

I used to eat inedible things and put things in my mouth when I was a toddler up until the past couple years. Paper, soap, sand, hair, coins (anything metallic... I put magnets and batteries in my mouth as a kid which could have been BAD if I swallowed them), dog kibble/treats, small plastic things, marbles, etc. I still get the urge to eat or put things in my mouth, but I don't now because I know it's dangerous and have better impulse control.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 12:24 am

I've eaten paper before.
More than once. :oops:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:43 am

I ate a lot of dog biscuits when I was 10. tastes good.

Cat food is terrible. Lack of salt.

I have no pica. I'm just picky about food.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 2:22 am

I didn't know there was a name for this.

As a child I used to eat chalk, then moved onto ice, the crunchy bits in cigarette ashes, tip of matchsticks, match strike paper and salt mixed with pepper. I used to eat these until late teens.

I still love to eat ice, and I have to eat more salt because of low blood pressure.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 3:19 am

I read somewhere that folks who chew rubber bands actually have a vitamin deficiency.

I wonder if a kid who eat matchheads is not also missing something in her diet. Does the human body need sulfur?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 5:18 am

LOl all i know is if you have to gulp down two shooters of liquor to get the cat food down, you are probably struggling in life. But yeah at least more than once my boyfriend has run across such a can of cat food with at least two shooters next to it.

so the theory is the persons life is so bad they get a couple shooters hoping to make their meager cat-food meal seem a little less bad than their over-all life. Sad but idk why else someone would eat cat food. But even so with how poor me and my boyfriend are we may just need to buckle up and incorporate some dog and cat food to our diet..lol.

does anyone have suggestions of the best cat food to use for human dishes, or recipes? lol grocery prices are ridculous right now.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 7:12 am

Doberdoofus wrote:
No pica but I've tried dog biscuits - 1/10 would not recommend.

But you are a dog, isn't your profile pic a selfie?

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 8:27 am

Although I rarely really swallow strange things, I often chew on things at hand when I am distracted.
I chewed many plastic pens into pieces during my high school study.
Before my pen really disintegrated into pieces, I often didn't even realize what I was doing. :|

Recently, I often chew the edge of the glass while reading.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.