Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 12:46 am

From what I hear he is ok, so that is good just kind of sucks. He came out for my sisters wedding and stopped by my brothers place to stay over and that is when it happened. But he was here for the wedding and you know didn't want to miss it so he did not get treatment right away as he was doing his best to make it through my sisters wedding. But like he was having bouts of not being able to speak at all, like he would try and the words would not come out, so it was obvious it was like a brain issue or something. But yeah I just hope it didn't do more damage do to him getting through the wedding and waiting till after to get medical treatment, cause I know he didn't want to miss it but I hope his waiting on getting to the hospital didn't make it worse.

But now he has gone to a hospital, stayed there for a couple days and is ok apparently, I mean I will have to give him a call and talk to him, but from what I hear he is doing ok. So that is good...uhh just worried about him a bit, not sure if having a stroke can contribute to other health issues and things.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 3:45 am

It sounds like a minor stroke. My mother had one, too.

I hope there is no lasting effects.

I hope he feels better soon.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 3:48 am

Sweet Pea hugs

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 4:33 am

Sorry to hear that. I hope he gets the right treatment and gets better.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:55 pm

Sorry to hear, Sweetleaf.
I've had two strokes. The first was big and took a year of rehab including speech therapy, physio, OT etc.
I wasn't allowed to drive for four years because of vision problems and poor coordination.
The second just left me feeling mentally sluggish.

In terms of health issues they'll likely monitor his heart and blood pressure from now on. If it was embolic he'll likely be put on anti-coagulants (blood thinners), and possibly blood pressure meds and / or cholesterol meds.

My big stroke discovered a congenital heart defect but they opted not to do a repair.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 2:33 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Sweet Pea hugs

Ditto

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 10:14 pm

Hope he’s better.With proper diet and meds he should be fine.They have gotten better at helping stroke victims now.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 10:22 pm

The unfortunate aspect of strokes in people as they get older is that if they happen once there's high probability there will be strokes in the future.

My grandpa died after his 3rd stroke at age 56. His were caused by blood contamination from kidney failure, he lived on dialysis.