Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

chrispy88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2022, 4:19 pm

Hello,

Earlier this year, I was diagnosed with ADHD, complex PTSD, and major depressive disorder. I am almost 34 years old and have a lifetime of trauma, confusion, and disconnect to sort through. I have been in Telehealth therapy for almost a year now, and more recently discovered that I am likely on the spectrum. I have not yet received an official diagnosis, but there are many reasons why I suspect I am autistic, and my therapist has been supportive of my suspicions. The last two years of my life have been exceptionally disorientating and incredibly difficult. What little social support I had has all but disappeared, and aside from my spouse, children, and some helpful professionals, I do not have friends or many social connections of any kind.

After finding some helpful resources created by people on the spectrum, I heard about this online community and decided to finally give it a try. Up until now, I had truly thought I was not like anyone else, but having heard so many similar experiences to my own from the neurodivergent community, and after listening to neurodivergent perspectives, I realize that there is hope yet for finding community.

For now, I am quite overwhelmed by so many things and feel stuck in an endless burnout. Yet the need for connection and support has gotten dire and I feel I could wait no longer to reach out. I have no expectations and I often find myself woefully unprepared for social communication. Indeed, I often spend a significant amount of time and energy reading and formulating my response.

There is so much more to say, but I suppose this will do for now.

Thank you to those who read my brief introduction. I look forward to learning from this community and to the potential for making new and meaningful connections.

Cheers,
Chrispy88

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 5:46 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope finding it is part of your life getting better.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 7:26 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet Chrispy88 :D

Ah, it's time to relax
You know what that means
A glass of wine, your favourite easy chair
And of course, this forum
Displaying on your screen of choice
So, go on, and indulge yourself
That's right, kick off your shoes
Put your feet up
Lean back and just enjoy the threads
After all, Wrong Planet soothes even the savage beast.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 7:52 am

Welcome to WP! :mrgreen:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 4:38 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)