Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 1:41 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I remember the first time i heard of Frisco was when I watching Full House way back in the day.I wish I could of gone to Frisco back in the day.I would like to go to Frisco someday possibly if things ever get better there.I also remember reading about the earthquakes in Frisco.Obviously living in Frisco would be very unsuitable to someone like me but I am sure visiting Frisco and the Golden Gate Bridge would be fun.I also like that one song about Frisco that was a big hit in 1967.

Are you trying to rattle me on purpose with all those Friscos?

Natives to San Francisco and the surrounding areas HATE it when people call the city Frisco. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Well I prefer Frisco to San Fran to be honest with you.Its just a personal preference for me.I will stop calling it Frisco on this site if a moderator tells me not to.But I will always use Frisco in my person life outside of this site.I did not know it would make you this upset but then again I have never been to your area so i dont know from experience.I dont know San Franciso.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 14 Aug 2022, 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 1:43 am

cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
If I come back I will make it a point to visit Yoesmite as I want to see the geysers.

I think Yellowstone is the place for that.

I think Yosemite is prettier overall though. If you like mountains and sequoias that is.

Ah! I assumed Yellowstone is inside Yosemite! am I right they are both in California?

Yellowstone is mostly inside Wyoming AFAIK.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 1:48 am

r00tb33r wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
If I come back I will make it a point to visit Yoesmite as I want to see the geysers.

I think Yellowstone is the place for that.

I think Yosemite is prettier overall though. If you like mountains and sequoias that is.

Ah! I assumed Yellowstone is inside Yosemite! am I right they are both in California?

Yellowstone is mostly inside Wyoming AFAIK.

My American geography is awful...back to the maps

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 1:49 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I remember the first time i heard of Frisco was when I watching Full House way back in the day.I wish I could of gone to Frisco back in the day.I would like to go to Frisco someday possibly if things ever get better there.I also remember reading about the earthquakes in Frisco.Obviously living in Frisco would be very unsuitable to someone like me but I am sure visiting Frisco and the Golden Gate Bridge would be fun.I also like that one song about Frisco that was a big hit in 1967.

Natives to San Francisco and the surrounding areas HATE it when people call the city Frisco. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Well I prefer Frisco to San Fran to be honest with you.Its just a personal preference for me.I did not know it would make you this upset but then again I have never been to your area so i dont know from experience.I dont know San Franciso.

Yea I thought the locals prefer Frisco? sounds way cooler

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 1:51 am

cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Well I prefer Frisco to San Fran to be honest with you.Its just a personal preference for me.I did not know it would make you this upset but then again I have never been to your area so i dont know from experience.I dont know San Franciso.

ya i dont know either.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 3:39 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

ya i dont know either.

Sorry, Texas, just your post was a few after my post making it clear that locals NEVER saw Frisco so it came across as you using it on purpose just because I had said "don't call it Frisco."

It's hardly a moderator matter. Mostly a joke, something that lets us locals know you aren't local. Locals simply don't use Frisco, just tourists thinking they are cool use it, although apparently some subgroups of locals started trying to reclaim the ancient and long aligned nickname a few years ago.

San Francisco and Bay Area residents call San Francisco by its full name, or simply The City, although I can understand why people from other cities would find The City a whole lot unclear. SF to abbreviate.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 1:00 pm

I enjoyed my visit there, my daughter used to live in the outer Mission district close to Excelsior district .The botanical garden was beautiful and we went to Stinson beach on my birthday.The best birthday I ever had.
Bio-mom was born there when the family briefly lived there after WW2.They lived on Carmel street.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 11:31 pm

I'd go back to San Francisco in a heartbeat and live there if I ever won the Lotto Max.