Feel uninterested in making lots of money

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 12:20 pm

Even though I have a job making money and earning money, I seem to feel I'm only one my age or younger who seems less interested in making lots of money and getting an expensive and flashy new car to attract some female attention. It just seems as though that is what is expected of someone who is a young adult and it just feels I'm the only one out there not like them even though I'm not but I still can't help thinking that I am.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 8:21 pm

Not being interested in making lots of money is not a bad thing. I'm only interested in making enough money to live comfortably. There's no point in attracting females that are attracted to your money and car rather than to you. You had better stay away from such people. You make money for yourself, not for those that want to take advantage of you.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 12:30 pm

i never bought into the amuuurican propaganda that says making money is patriotic. too many of the folks who do that are such unpleasant sorts.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:45 pm

I only want to make my $1000 a month to top off my disability without having to declare anything. I'm not interested in making a bunch of money, either. Money is the root of all evil.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 2:39 pm

I am interested in pooping on Mammon in front of its most problematic worshippers. Ben Franklin on the US 100 in particular. Bloody Hypocritical Rake..

auntblabby wrote:
i never bought into the amuuurican propaganda that says making money is patriotic. too many of the folks who do that are such unpleasant sorts.

Funny how mammon manifests differently in Canada. Money is God too up here, but I can't see anything much it has to do with patriotism. It is just a bunk scorecard people take way too seriously.

Image.

Why is a narcissistic eugenicist redneck running the worlds biggest woke news source? why is that?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 8:41 am

Personal philosophy...

When I was young I was not interested in making money for the purpose of popularity, etc.

I was interested in making money for the purpose of ensuring I would have a home, food, etc.—in the present and in the future.

I tried to ensure I was gainfully employed, lived beneath my means, and tried to pass my money along to "future-me". (Rather than spending the money I put it somewhere safe in case I needed it in the future.)

My home was modest compared to my co-workers' homes. I'd buy cars new but keep them 'til they were junk—and one manager (unsuccessfully) even encouraged me to get a newer car.

And I retired comfortably at age 56 and love retirement!

A pile of money shouldn't be used to impress people, it should be used as a safe place to stand...and the pile needn't be any higher than needed to provide a safe place to stand.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 8:46 am

When I was young, I wanted my own money so that I could have the same kinds of things other kids had and that my parents denied to me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 5:00 pm

money helps to keep me from returning to homeless/destitution. that said, i most like the ability to help somebody out now and then. that feels like a luxury to me.