Do you feel your body is a mere meat bag?

Page 2 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 9:54 am

Irulan wrote:
Thank you all for your replies :) Ah, and this one thing more - I also have to feed my body as well, so as it was able to function properly and eating is such a boring task to me. I would sometimes forget to eat, if I lived on my own, I bet.

Eating gets in my way when I'm busy with things I'm enjoying, and I do forget to eat for hours on end. But as long as the food's to my liking, I enjoy eating, especially when I'm hungry. When my task list is full of boring, bureaucratic, frustrating, or scary jobs, and I daren't take out the time to indulge in something that's more like fun, eating can be one of the few bright spots in my life. A lot of food is difficult to eat easily, so I tend to go for food I can just shovel into my mouth with a fork or spoon, or even better, sandwiches that won't fall apart, or robust cakes that I can just bite into with the minimum of fuss and bother. That way I can read or watch videos while I'm eating.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 10:03 am

I wish I could take special pills instead of eating, as well :) I like drinking instead - it's so easy and uncomplicated, while in case of eating, I have to chew and swallow food - and repeat it so many times in the row. I am practically never hungry.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2022, 2:00 pm

I love my body to bits, it's very practical, gives me a lot of pleasure, joy and nice feels. It's so soft and squishy that it's great sensory toy. Would love to make it even better, as it obviously has some flaws and annoyances, but sadly, can't do much yet. Luckily I'm asexual, so one of the biggest annoyances does not affect me at all.

While I could live as "brain in a jar", I would most likely try to make myself pretty accurate simulation of biological body, and would certainly experiment with different ones. I'm not much of a human like you lot, but I am still a mammal and have plenty of mammalian instincts (I bond through gentle touch for example) that are hard to fulfill without a body :3

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 4:00 pm

Now I'd be happy to have an android body and the brain I've already got. Or some kind of cyber implants or cyber limbs or something. Replace the parts which don't work very well anymore.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 9:22 pm

I feel that my body is a giant ball of meat. It's rounded and soft. I feel as though there's a part of my body missing. I feel as though I have extra parts that I don't really need. My knees are so stiff and sore that it looks like I'm marching when I walk. I have IBS.

My robotic body would have the right parts in all the right places. My body would match my gender identity. My robotic body would actually look like Om Nom, because my biggest wish is to be a Sweet Pea. I feel as though I'm a pea in a person's body.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 9:31 pm

I don't mind eating, drinking, or other life sustaining functions. They might be annoying sometimes if they prevent me from doing something I want to do, but those needs are relatively easy and quick to take care of. I would rather that the problems I have with them go away, than those functions go away entirely.

I also don't think I'd like being a "brain in a jar". Being devoid of all sensory input would suck, and I like being able to explore my surroundings and take in the information from it. A "brain in a jar" wouldn't be able to do much.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2022, 11:17 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I also don't think I'd like being a "brain in a jar". Being devoid of all sensory input would suck, and I like being able to explore my surroundings and take in the information from it. A "brain in a jar" wouldn't be able to do much.

Heh, I always assumed in that kind of state you would be connected to at least some kind of basic IO interface, like desktop PC with internet access at least. Without any IO, yeah, it would be certainly a nightmare...

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 5:58 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

You could persuade me with that argument. It's tempting to be a brain in a jar but I must resist! Resist! :lol:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 5:59 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
My robotic body would have the right parts in all the right places. My body would match my gender identity. My robotic body would actually look like Om Nom, because my biggest wish is to be a Sweet Pea. I feel as though I'm a pea in a person's body.

What I'd like is a new digestive system. Can they build an android digestive system? :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 2:00 pm

KitLily wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

What I'd like is a new digestive system. Can they build an android digestive system? :lol:

I'd like to see what that would look like. :lol:

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 2:27 pm

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I am strongly attached to my body. When I was young I felt betrayed by it sometimes, but as I grew older I discovered all of the great things I can do with it: fix a fence, make pottery, sew a patch on a favorite blanket, paint a painting, wrestle a friend, pick up a cat, and so much more! I really like myself, and myself includes my body. Not everyone would want it, but I like how I look and I like how I feel in my body. The scars, the cankles :lol:, the inexplicably veiny hands, even the surprisingly long arm hair. It's all part of who I am.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Aug 2022, 2:31 pm

KitLily wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

You could persuade me with that argument. It's tempting to be a brain in a jar but I must resist! Resist! :lol:

Hmm, why do you think you must resist? You can experience something like that right now, just disconnect all your senses? It most likely going to be irreversible though... :3

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Aug 2022, 2:33 pm

Fern wrote:
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I am strongly attached to my body.

Yep, so this! Pretty sad how many people don't appreciate their bodies, especially since there are no better alternatives so far.

Hmm, maybe need some kind of separate "body appreciation topic" :3

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 2:49 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Hmm, why do you think you must resist? You can experience something like that right now, just disconnect all your senses? It most likely going to be irreversible though... :3

:lol: :lol: :lol:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 2:50 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
KitLily wrote:

I'd like to see what that would look like. :lol:

Or just be an android with no digestive system. That would be best. I'd love to have no emotion and feel no pain. I feel far too much.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 2:52 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
Fern wrote:
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I am strongly attached to my body.

Yep, so this! Pretty sad how many people don't appreciate their bodies, especially since there are no better alternatives so far.

Hmm, maybe need some kind of separate "body appreciation topic" :3

It's because my body is so difficult and doesn't work properly. If it worked properly and I was strong and healthy, I'd feel a lot better about it.