Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 4:19 am

Sometimes I have an unexplained bout of diarrhea (no I'm not diabetic or lactose intolerant). But anyway, that's beside the point. What I'm saying is, I'm going to be going on vacation soon. I haven't been on an airplane since 2004 and I'm not saying I'm worried about flying or anything but I'm still anxious about having a sudden bout of diarrhea for no reason, at the airport or on the plane. When I have diarrhea, I have to go. It's very scary when I'm in public. Also it is going to be a hiking holiday so there'll be lots of walking and exploring different places. I do not want a sudden random bout of diarrhea.

I did have some pills you can take to stop diarrhea from happening, but one of the common side effects is gas, which I don't want either when traveling. Is there a way that I can prevent both diarrhea and gas? I want to be 100% respectable and keep my dignity.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 4:25 am

Unexplained change in bowel habits. You should see the doc ASAP.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 4:50 am

Yes I get that too, Joe90. The best thing I can recommend is drink lots of water and keep very hydrated. Especially in hot weather. I drink lots of water and it really helps. It might mean you need to wee more but that's better than the alternative.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 5:46 am

The last time I drank a lot of water it went straight to my bowels and I had a lot of diarrhea. I don't know what happened there.

I have a strong bladder so peeing isn't an issue when I need to go.

I've already seen a doctor about the diarrhea but the tests came back clear. I can sometimes go 6 months without getting diarrhea then all of a sudden it will happen without any diet or lifestyle changes.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 6:00 am

Joe90 wrote:
The last time I drank a lot of water it went straight to my bowels and I had a lot of diarrhea. I don't know what happened there.

I've already seen a doctor about the diarrhea but the tests came back clear. I can sometimes go 6 months without getting diarrhea then all of a sudden it will happen without any diet or lifestyle changes.

“Thumbs up”

… can’t seem to find the appropriate emoji, so that will have to do.

I’ve had crohns disease for fifty years, air travel is def a problem, but it’s a bit hit and hope for me.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 7:56 am

Joe90 wrote:

I see. Yes, my body works differently to most human bodies do. I was just making a suggestion and hoping it would help. But again, I am unique.

Doctors' tests for anything have never helped me, I've just had to work out my own health issues. I've realised it's better that way... :(

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 8:42 am

Joe90 wrote:

I'm sure you are aware that chronic constipation, diarrhoea, and abdominal pain can be part and parcel of Autism. I believe it's just something we have to live with (unless someone knows differently). Sometimes it can be a dietary issue (an allergy), although I think the biggest cause is anxiety.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 9:45 am

Doberdoofus wrote:
I'm sure you are aware that chronic constipation, diarrhoea, and abdominal pain can be part and parcel of Autism. I believe it's just something we have to live with (unless someone knows differently). Sometimes it can be a dietary issue (an allergy), although I think the biggest cause is anxiety.

Oh nobody told me that so thanks for the info :)

I got: so you're autistic. Shut the door after you. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 6:16 pm

It used to be “part and parcel” of my existence.

I had to go to the bathroom in the street more than once about 10-15 years ago.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 7:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It used to be “part and parcel” of my existence.

I had to go to the bathroom in the street more than once about 10-15 years ago.

When I had to drink lots of water before a pelvic scan a few weeks ago, the water seemed to go straight to the bowels and I really needed to go whilst in my boyfriend's car on the way to the appointment. I think my bowels were over the full capacity and I panicked and ordered him to let me out of the car. So he pulled over, not quite knowing what I was planning on doing. I didn't know either, I just needed to get out of the car. The pressure eased off a bit once I stood up but because my bowels were way too full, I had to release a tiny bit into my underwear :oops: . I got back into my boyfriend's car further on down the road and when I got to the appointment I had to run straight to the bathroom to empty my bowels. It was completely odourless and almost clear too.

I really hate diarrhea. I rather be constipated because at least things are much easier to control. I don't think buttholes are designed by nature to hold liquid in.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 11:57 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Sometimes I have an unexplained bout of diarrhea (no I'm not diabetic or lactose intolerant). But anyway, that's beside the point. What I'm saying is, I'm going to be going on vacation soon. I haven't been on an airplane since 2004 and I'm not saying I'm worried about flying or anything but I'm still anxious about having a sudden bout of diarrhea for no reason, at the airport or on the plane. When I have diarrhea, I have to go. It's very scary when I'm in public. Also it is going to be a hiking holiday so there'll be lots of walking and exploring different places. I do not want a sudden random bout of diarrhea.

I did have some pills you can take to stop diarrhea from happening, but one of the common side effects is gas, which I don't want either when traveling. Is there a way that I can prevent both diarrhea and gas? I want to be 100% respectable and keep my dignity.

I would get to a GI Dr.it could be crohn's perhaps although I am no doctor.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 4:51 am

I don't want Chrome's disease, it shortens your lifespan and you can't eat certain things. Why me? Nobody else in my family has that.

All I wanted to get out of this thread was how to not get diarrhea, not to be scared to death. I'm not going back to the doctor, I am not having a colonoscopy.

Reading this has just totally freaked me out.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/crohns-disease/

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 5:41 am

I'm sorry, Joe. I've had some bad experiences with diarrhoea and bowels too. I wish people would be more understanding about other people's problems instead of laughing and thinking it's funny. (I mean people in real life, not on Wrong Planet)

I hope you get it sorted :flower:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 5:58 am

It said on the symptoms list "diarrhea for more than 7 days". When I get a bout of diarrhea I only go ONCE and that's it. Like you do when you do a normal poop. I don't keep going.

I think the pressure of it I get is if there's gas as well.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 6:04 am

Does it happen after you've eaten something very salty or sugary? e.g. crisps. That can cause diarrhoea. A sudden change of salt or sugar levels can cause the body to suddenly get dehydrated and 'dump its load' if you'll excuse the expression.

I avoid crisps for this reason.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 6:17 am

KitLily wrote:
Does it happen after you've eaten something very salty or sugary? e.g. crisps. That can cause diarrhoea. A sudden change of salt or sugar levels can cause the body to suddenly get dehydrated and 'dump its load' if you'll excuse the expression.

I avoid crisps for this reason.

I eat salty crisps every day (as part of my lunch) but it doesn't give me diarrhea. It isn't lactose intolerance either because I have drank milkshakes and don't suffer after at all.
No food really triggers diarrhea for me. I've written a diary before on what I'd eaten each day and there seemed to be no pattern.
It's a bit like sleep. I can be really insomniac one night and sleep perfectly well the next, and it has nothing to do with what I did or eaten during the day. It's just my body.

Maybe it's related to ADHD? Because I have very little routine, my body must have very little routine too.