Do you ever feel disconnected from the world?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Aug 2007, 1:59 am

I am disconnected from the world and wonder if I'm really part of it.... or if I'm a part of some other something... it's hard to explain

michel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 9:54 am

I've always felt like a Misfit. Always. I still do. In school, I never understood why everyone didn't get 100% on their science or math tests. I never studied, just listened in class, and that was enough to ace them. Today, I don't understand why I don't have more friends, I'm trying hard to make that happen, although I've been told I can be intimidating to some people...

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2007, 10:11 am

tomamil wrote:
i am looking forward to future experiences. the world around is beautiful and it would be pity to be disconnected. the only disconnection i feel is the one from other people around.

That's a great description of how I feel. I feel connected to the world, just not to other people. I enjoy learning new things, traveling, being out and about in the world, but I don't get anything out of sharing my opinions or experiences with most other people.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 11:42 am

I've been offline with the world since Day 1. ;)

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

19 Aug 2007, 12:26 pm

Alternative wrote:
I've been offline with the world since Day 1. ;)
:D 8)

pi_woman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2007, 4:38 pm

Starr wrote:
I don't mean the feeling that there is a barrier between you and the outer world, as can happen in depression (derealization/depersonalization) but that you feel that the outer world doesn't really hold much interest for you? I feel like that sometimes, but it is not a feeling of Aspieness, that I need a break from too much communication, and it's not an unpleasant feeling, just one of slight disinterest in outer things. Anyone else experience this?

Yes! I notice that feeling after being forced to spend all day in other people's company, when I prefer and am accustomed to being alone.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 5:28 pm

Oh yeah. It's like my default setting.

Before I discovered the internet, though, my life was considerably harder. Teh intarwebz are like my lifeline.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 11:19 am

The intarwebz are my connection to the outside world.