Page 6 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 9:52 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Wouldn't it be interesting if in some other dimension us humans were their version of Bigfoot?

I imagine we would be called hobbits by bigfoot. except of course of hobbits have massive feet!

Well what meant is some unexplained elusive creature. Because I figure with people having stories of unexplained time loss. Or from their perspective traveling a long distance in a short time, maybe they had phased into another dimension verse whatever. Then there's hundreds of people who suddenly disappear without a trace. But some are finally found miles from the area they disappeared from, in a location that would be next to impossible to get to on foot. And they have no idea what happened. I'm sure you'd find these stories very interesting:

There are seven, or eight, billion of us on the planet. So we are anything BUT 'elusive' to most creatures.

However penguins in Antarctica might view humans as large cryptids. That's because (despite our huge numbers) we rarely visit their environment. Individual birds might be ridiculed by others in the rookery for claiming to have encountered these tall 'non avian bipeds who walk kinda like us, but dont have long beaks'.

And ...two of them ABDUCTED ME...and put this metal band on my leg!

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 12:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
There are seven, or eight, billion of us on the planet. So we are anything BUT 'elusive' to most creatures.

What about to those who would never see one of us, unless we crossed over into their dimension? See the idea of the multiverse is there are layers of dimensions. There could be eight billion entirely different kinds of beings living here on earth, that we never see, unless they cross over into our dimension as the theory goes.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 4:40 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Still no comment on the BBC article I posted?

There's "photographic evidence" of a ship hovering above the sea - yet even that, as sharp and clear as can be, is explained by science: "BBC meteorologist David Braine said the "superior mirage" occurred because of "special atmospheric conditions that bend light".

Yeah but that's clearly an optical illusion. In China there's a similar trick of the horizon/light which causes similar types of strange perception of the horizon where tourists see mountains that look like some lost kingdom. In the olden days people thought it was a magic kingdom.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 4:43 pm

Cornflake wrote:
The thing about the Calvine photo is that it can already be explained as a natural phenomenon, and there is insufficient data WRT the image (which one?) that could take an examination in any other direction than speculation.

All I'm saying is let an expert in photographics examine the image. Nowadays the technology exists to examine a photo image (especially one taken in 1990) and automatically detect some type of primitive photoshopping.
Then I'll agree with you and twighlight princess that there is insufficient data.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 4:48 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Because I figure with people having stories of unexplained time loss. Or from their perspective traveling a long distance in a short time, maybe they had phased into another dimension verse whatever. Then there's hundreds of people who suddenly disappear without a trace. But some are finally found miles from the area they disappeared from, in a location that would be next to impossible to get to on foot. And they have no idea what happened. I'm sure you'd find these stories very interesting:

The most famous case is the tree cutter Travis Walton disappearance back in the 1970s. His logging buddies reported him getting beamed up by a spaceship and he was missing for 5 days before turning up naked in a phone booth several miles away.

He has hynotic regression and experienced an alien abduction. All those involved had lie detector tests and passed. He's been examined by psychologists who report he has PTSD from the event. I've looked at his case and find it hard to believe it was a prank. Hard for 5 grown men to pull that off for 40 years.