Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 6:12 am

This was a shock today. The uncle was 91 and fragile and in hospital but he'd seemed well until recently. But he died peacefully in his sleep which is all we can wish for isn't it.

I'm mostly worried about our cousin. She is an only child, she has no partner or children, and her mum died a few years ago. She is 56 but very naïve in the ways of the world, quite childlike, and lives 100 miles away from us. She does have some good friends, but I don't know what will happen to her now.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 6:17 am

I send my condolences.

You would be an excellent person for your cousin because you care.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 6:25 am

Thanks, friend.

I hope our cousin has good friends to take care of her. I suspect she may have learning disabilities because she is so very innocent and naive. But she is very likeable so I think people will step up.

We've got to now get my husband's dad to the funeral, 100 miles away. The uncle was his only brother, he will be upset...

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Aug 2022, 6:32 am

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he lived a full and long life, which is something to be grateful for. I hope your husband’s father and cousin both cope with the loss of one of their closest family members.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 7:38 am

KitLily wrote:
This was a shock today. The uncle was 91 and fragile and in hospital but he'd seemed well until recently. But he died peacefully in his sleep which is all we can wish for isn't it.

I'm mostly worried about our cousin. She is an only child, she has no partner or children, and her mum died a few years ago. She is 56 but very naïve in the ways of the world, quite childlike, and lives 100 miles away from us. She does have some good friends, but I don't know what will happen to her now.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's uncle. :heart:

Such a huge shame you don't live nearer to your cousin because I think it will be good for both of you if you could be in each other's lives more.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 11:12 am

Thanks Walrus and Joe.

He certainly did live a full life. He was a police officer and was involved in all sorts of raids and scandals. He had an eye for the ladies right until his last days :lol:

Yes, uncle, aunt and cousin have been more supportive to me than mother-and-father-in-law! Cousin and I are quite good friends. Unlike my siblings-in-law but that's another story.

Hopefully when we move house we'll be closer to our cousin :heart:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 3:50 am

Sweet Pea hugs

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 4:31 am

Thanks Cockney Rebel!