Page 4 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 8:05 am

The one who scares me the most now is the home secretary, Suella Braverman.

“I would love to have a front page of The Telegraph with a plane taking off to Rwanda, that’s my dream, it’s my obsession,” Ms Braverman said.

This means that her dream and obsession is deporting refugees to Rwanda. Abused, tortured people who have escaped horrific places and who are struggling to survive. She is dreaming of making their lives worse and sending them probably to their deaths.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 10:04 am

Truss has three priorities: Growth Growth Growth

:lol:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 2:13 pm

If only there was a massive bloc of countries nearby that we could trade with tariff free. That would surely lead to a bit of growth?

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 4:59 am

DuckHairback wrote:
If only there was a massive bloc of countries nearby that we could trade with tariff free. That would surely lead to a bit of growth?

Hm, yes...now where could we find that? Maybe Scandinavia? I'm not sure... :lol: :lol:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 6:50 am

Incidentally, Liz Truss is in Prague today talking about the need to find common ground with Europe and reset relations.

Nothing to do with us needing to import energy from the continent to keep the lights on this winter. Suddenly they're our friends.

Europe would be totally justified in telling us to shove it.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 12:19 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Incidentally, Liz Truss is in Prague today talking about the need to find common ground with Europe and reset relations.

Nothing to do with us needing to import energy from the continent to keep the lights on this winter. Suddenly they're our friends.

I was about to suggest burning peat as a way to stay warm however it would seem that's a rather awful idea.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 4:16 pm

DuckHairback wrote:

Yes, I think the EU has been beyond patient with the stupid UK government since 2016, I half wish they would tell us to shove it :roll:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 4:03 pm

:P

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 8:06 am

Stupid b***h voted in favour of remaining in but now says we were right in leaving. Doesn't know what she thinks. :roll:

We should have stayed in the EU imo. Labour will win next election. This lot are f*****g useless.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 9:09 am

Rossall wrote:
Stupid b***h voted in favour of remaining in but now says we were right in leaving. Doesn't know what she thinks. :roll:

We should have stayed in the EU imo. Labour will win next election. This lot are f*****g useless.

I can't add anything to that, you summed it up perfectly. I reckon the reason these ministers are changing from Remain to Leave is that they are getting a he|| of a lot of money for it. Dark money, disaster capitalism etc.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 9:24 am

The main reason for coming out of the EU was excess immigration but now this lot are planning to relax immigration rules.

What a joke they are.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/liz- ... 31281.html

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 9:39 am

Rossall wrote:
The main reason for coming out of the EU was excess immigration but now this lot are planning to relax immigration rules.

What a joke they are.

Exactly. They made lots of EU and other workers leave the UK, saying that British workers would step up and fill the jobs, but for many reasons they did not. So now the government wants lots of immigrants to come and fill the jobs. They can't have it both ways!

I think another main reason was people 'didn't like the EU telling the UK what to do.' Which is complete nonsense because the UK has always been able to follow our own laws.

And the 'let's send the £350 million to the NHS instead of the EU' that they wrote on that bus. Which is more nonsense.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 4:01 am

Rossall wrote:

What a joke they are.

This was something pointed out by remain campaigners at the time and prominent leavers dismissed it saying it was 'project fear'

Some (many) leave voters thought (because they were told) they were voting to close the door on immigration, but they weren't, they were unknowingly voting to change the UK model from primarily having a regional focus on immigration to primarily having a global focus on immigration. Immigration wise all brexit will do is swap incoming folk from Italy & France to incoming folk from India & Pakistan. and for reasons I don't need to go into, the kind of people who voted Brexit won't like that one bit

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 8:05 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Rossall wrote:

This was something pointed out by remain campaigners at the time and prominent leavers dismissed it saying it was 'project fear'

Some (many) leave voters thought (because they were told) they were voting to close the door on immigration, but they weren't, they were unknowingly voting to change the UK model from primarily having a regional focus on immigration to primarily having a global focus on immigration. Immigration wise all brexit will do is swap incoming folk from Italy & France to incoming folk from India & Pakistan. and for reasons I don't need to go into, the kind of people who voted Brexit won't like that one bit

Ah yes, Project Fear. Which was actually Project Realism.

I didn't realise people were voting to change immigration from regional to global, well explained, Biscuitman! :thumright: You are correct: the kind of people who voted for Brexit won't welcome immigrants from India and Pakistan!

The Leave campaign was so clever though. I saw these adverts today and a few more. No wonder people voted Leave if they saw these, they must have scared them silly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAUzBiTqKuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q8xM8-XkRA

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 7:20 pm

Another desperate shambles in the UK today, with Truss firing her Chancellor (Finance Minister) Kwarteng after just 38 days in the job. He only managed to avoid lasting the fewest days because the holder of that title, Iain McLeod, died after only 30 days in office in 1970.

We've now had six different Chancellors in the past 39 months. We're in a pretty poor state, and not just in respect of the economy.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2022, 3:25 am

As a non Brit I'm trying to understand the current UK situation in a nutshell. Why did their plan to lower taxes fall apart like a tower of Pisa made from cards? I should imagine those who are the most affected by rising costs would welcome tax reliefs. How do the Tory and Labour plans to get Britain back on its feet, differ?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Last edited by envirozentinel on 15 Oct 2022, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.: Typo