Thinking about death makes me depressed

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

PheonixDove
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Aug 2022, 2:53 pm

Perhaps that's the case for a lot of us.

Me in my office today: "Why am I sat here spending most of my time in this office when my doomsday is approaching?"

"The slow path to doomsday" I call it. It is likely to be a while into the future, but I don't know that for sure, and it doesn't change the fact that it is approaching. Why do people seem to live like time isn't precious or scarce?

If there was a meteor heading towards Earth, everyone would panic.

Surely death is worse, as although most of us probably have a while, the timing is ultimately uncertain.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 8:27 pm

Thinking of death also makes me feel the same way.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 10:25 pm

I'm mostly scared of the pain/suffering that I may go through when I die. It would be nice if some meteor kills us all at the same time. At least that's equality. I'd rather be the last one to die so that I can see the end of the planet.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 10:35 pm

What will happen to me when I die? Where will I go?

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2022, 11:09 pm

Well basically, the best solution to this problem is to simply not think about death, avoiding watching videos / films about death or talks about death or shows people dying or bleeding, and so on. Also, not to talk about the subject with anyone or ask any questions related to the subject. Thats how you avoid being depressed about it, by doing everything you can not to think about it or be reminded about it, and never talk about it with anyone else.

We all are gonna die one day, we already know that, its pretty clear. There's no point talking about it or thinking about it because you would find it difficult to focus on everything you do / try to do in your life. There's no way to tell what happens after death because nobody have an undisputed proof of what really happens.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.