Giuliani targeted in criminal probe of 2020 election

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 6:23 pm

AP

Quote:
Rudy Giuliani is a target of the criminal investigation into possible illegal attempts by then-President Donald Trump and others to interfere in the 2020 general election in Georgia, prosecutors informed attorneys for the former New York mayor on Monday.

The revelation that Giuliani, an outspoken Trump defender, could face criminal charges from the investigation by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis edges the probe closer to the former president. Willis has said she is considering calling Trump himself to testify before the special grand jury, and the former president has hired a criminal defense attorney in Atlanta.

Special prosecutor Nathan Wade alerted Giuliani’s team in Atlanta that he was an investigation target, Giuliani attorney Robert Costello, said Monday. News of the disclosure was first reported by The New York Times.

Earlier Monday, a federal judge said U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham must testify before the special grand jury. Prosecutors have said they want to ask Graham about phone calls they say he made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and his staff in the weeks following the election.

Willis’s investigation was spurred by a phone call between Trump and Raffensperger. During that January 2021 conversation, Trump suggested that Raffensperger “find” the votes needed to reverse his narrow loss in the state.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 10:41 pm

Maybe Rudy will remember who he once was and roll over on his old boss.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Or maybe he never was who he had convinced us he was.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:12 am

DW_a_mom wrote:

He was scum from the beginning, he pioneered a whole gamut of abusive prosecutorial practices in order to advance his political career, the most famous being the perp walk. The sheer incompetence is surprising though, I thought he at least knew what he was doing a bit better.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 2:01 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I'm thinking about back when he had gone after organized crime. But that guy seems to be long gone.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 3:49 am

He fell under the spell of Svengali Trump.