Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2022, 4:55 am

Well, for me, when I go to work I find it more difficult to work too many hours a day in a row. If its 5 hours or more a day, I get exhausted too much, more than other people.

Can you explain what you think about this problem, and if you had this problem yourself or not?

Thanks.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 6:58 am

What's your job?

Do you like it?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 9:06 am

I am 39 years old and have been working as a Lot Attendant for 22 months. Pushing carts and loading merchandise. With the exception of breaks and lunch, I am not supposed to be sitting down (although other lot Attendants sometimes sit down or stand around talking)

Scheduled to work 10am to 5pm. Usually I get the most tired after lunch at 2

Try eating at a different schedule. Eat healthy

Try sleeping more

Do you work the night or day shift

Work from home (my job doesn't work from home)

Try scheduling your hardest tasks at the time you are least tired (I can't do that because customers want their service in real time)

Positive thinking

If someone is draining your emotional energy, deal with it proactively (I should do that too)

Meditation

Medication

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 4:52 am

I feel the same. Some people think I'm being lazy. But sometimes the routine of work causes emotional burnout. Like life just goes on in a boring circle; Monday to Friday is the same, and the weekend goes by so quickly and the routine starts all over again.

Sometimes I wish I did different days every week.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 5:24 am

Imagine if Joe could work from home, cleaning buses? :)

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 2:56 pm

Yes i have this problem too. I work from 9 am to 6 pm which is the usual where i live. I am constantly sleepy and exhausted while other people make plans at evenings after work and such.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 5:01 pm

I think that's called having autism.
Unless your job involves a special interest in a fulfilling manner, maybe.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 9:36 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I think that's called having autism.
Unless your job involves a special interest in a fulfilling manner, maybe.

Or also not being a highly sensitive introvert, actually.

My boss doesn't need to be in the autistic spectrum to be just as easily exhausted at the end of the day.
And she's the type who needs like few cups of coffee a day to wake up.

.. I don't have that option.

From where I came from, it's longer hours with crappier pay and no niches unless someone's lucky.

For me it's not the exhaustion or hour times. Nope, it takes me more than that.

My problem mostly lies with the fluctuations and poor quality regardless of quantity/length of rest/sleep/etc.

So every other week, that 2-5 days of day off is meaningless.

And then on the other hand, any other week I don't need a day off and willfully take any work or go crazy and get out all day long, without consequences the next whole week...
.. That is, if there are no fluctuations within that specific state and without that time span (which is at least 3+ weeks long).

And said number of fluctuations can either make or break my current diet, my sleep quality, etc.

If only autism alone can explain it -- I could've solved it by then. Mine cannot.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Aug 2022, 9:45 am

Actually there are jobs which I would really enjoy working at and wouldnt mind working at for even 10 hours a day. The problem is, they require education I dont have.

For example a Psychologist, Professional Consultant, Taxi Driver, Real Estate agent. All of these sound interesting to me and sound like something I wouldnt mind working at for 10 + hours a day. But it requires alot of education I simply dont have, and I'm a very impatient person when it comes to studying.

Can you guys explain what you think about this?

Also, I tried to become a Real Estate Agent in the past, but I have failed. It seems also making money from that is extremely difficult unless you know very well what you're doing. I also thought to go with Taxi Driver, but its also a complicated procedure. But these are jobs I know for sure I would really enjoy working at.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 10:26 am

I work 40 hours a week, referee soccer 2-3 nights a week or one day on weekends all while having a wife and children. It is manageable. I also have 35 days per year to use for vacation or emergencies and sick.