Finding those not obsessed with sex, power and popularity?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2022, 11:20 am

Yeah, how to do that? I know, in kindergarten, but maybe I can find someone older and independent who is not into any of those adult things?

Would be nice to stop feeling alone in being big 5 year old surrounded by creepy adults :3

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 11:32 am

I learned late in life that people are generally obsessed with sex, power, popularity, and wealth, and that I could either accept these facts and learn to "play the game" to my advantage, or learn to avoid people altogether.  The first option is easier, in my opinion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2022, 1:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
I learned late in life that people are generally obsessed with sex, power, popularity, and wealth, and that I could either accept these facts and learn to "play the game" to my advantage, or learn to avoid people altogether.  The first option is easier, in my opinion.

How I could use you for my advantage though? Are you useful for anything? No point learning to play the game if nothing nice can be gained.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:08 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
How I could use you for my advantage though?
You cannot.
StrayCat81 wrote:
Are you useful for anything?
Many things . . . for the right price.
StrayCat81 wrote:
No point learning to play the game if nothing nice can be gained.
"The Game" is not so much about gaining "things" as it is about getting others to do things for you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2022, 1:32 pm

Hmm, maybe I can use your trolling to keep this topic relatively active, guess that could be kind of advantageous...

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:45 pm

I think Fnord has met his match. :wink:

If it's any consolation OP, I'm not into any of those adult things, and I don't know how to play the game.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:47 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
Hmm, maybe I can use your trolling to keep this topic relatively active, guess that could be kind of advantageous...
Trolling?  If you believe I am trolling, then please report me to the moderators -- I insist.

Keep in mind that people often confuse honesty expressed in good faith as trolling.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 1:48 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
I think Fnord has met his match.
Not at all.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2022, 2:00 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
If it's any consolation OP, I'm not into any of those adult things, and I don't know how to play the game.

What are you obsessed about then? You don't have anything on your profile, and I'm curious :3

I have few things listed there that give me good feels. I find it interesting to compare things like that, just in case some joy could be created.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 2:36 pm

Music, exercise, K-dramas, films, electric guitar, reading, jewellery, watches, clothes (don't follow trends), vegan handbags, perfume, cats (don't have any because I need my space!) and my little pony.

I feel exposed. :oops:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 2:57 pm

↑ That all seems normal to me (except the handbags, perfumes, and MLP, in which I have no interest).

jared11235
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2022, 3:50 pm

I'm not obsessed with sex, power, popularity, or wealth. I prefer to have just enough money to feel safe but too much wealth can go really wrong. Actually, too much of any of these things can go really wrong so I prefer to be balanced and not be obsessive about any of them. I've often thought of myself as a young child in a much bigger package. I pretend to be an adult and most people don't ever notice that I'm just pretending but I don't really understand peoples obsessions with these things at all.

If I have any obsessions, it would be with figuring out how things work. I've been taking things apart to see how they work since I was old enough to understand how a screwdriver works. My mother caught me taking the vacuum cleaner apart when I was three years old. That obsession of understanding how things work lead to my hobbies with electronic design and robotics and a great career as a software engineer.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 4:00 pm

Fnord wrote:
↑ That all seems normal to me (except the handbags, perfumes, and MLP, in which I have no interest).

Stop making me feel normal, Fnord!

:P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 4:03 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Stop making me feel normal, Fnord!
"Normal" for me involves amateur radio, astronomy, cats, chocolate, and tabletop role-playing games.

As my mother would have said, "You be you!"

:D

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 4:03 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
Would be nice to stop feeling alone in being big 5 year old surrounded by creepy adults :3

Well there is one answer to your predicament. The answer is JUST DO IT AND DON'T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK. (with one addition step - don't break the law in the process)

I am Peter Pan. Even though I am 73 years old, I am still a child. I grew a mustache as an early twenty year old and then no one could figure out they were really dealing with a child instead of a grown up. It works fine.

You see I am still a child and I never grew up. But a very, very smart child. It works for me.

If you want a more detailed explanation it is as follows. People are much more complex that currently thought. We have four brains that coexist within our bodies and we move between these different brains during the day. Two of the brains are on the left side of the body. They are dominant. They generally are daytime brains. The other two brains are on the right side. These brains play a support role. They come out during the night during our dream state. In my case due to a severe brain injury at around age 3, my left side died (for awhile). My right side stepped in and I became a very different person as a result. My right side functions as lead and my left side has a supporting role. So this is a common trait here. That is why they named this site WRONG PLANET. It is because we feel like we are from a distant planet. (But in reality, it is just a different brain structure.)

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2022, 4:58 pm

jared11235 wrote:
That obsession of understanding how things work lead to my hobbies with electronic design and robotics and a great career as a software engineer.

Is it satisfying for you? While I can do software, it's only fun if I can use affective empathy in the process, which is sadly rare, because most "serious" software will be used for something nasty, or is a scam... Having to deal with people I find icky and annoying did not help...

I was actually surprised when I found helping at the shelter way more rewarding. While people can still be annoying, they are at least quite decent, while being able to empathize with cats/dogs there is the real satisfying treat there for me :3