Murkowski, Trumpers Palin and Tshibaka advance in Alaska

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 2:48 am

Murkowski and Trump-backed Tshibaka advance to Alaska general election, NBC projects

Quote:
Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski and a top Republican primary challenger endorsed by former President Donald Trump will advance to the general election, NBC projects.

Murkowski and Kelly Tshibaka, former Alaska Department of Administration commissioner, will both move forward, along with Democrat Patricia Chesbro, NBC projects. It was too early to call the fourth candidate in this contest.

Alaska has a top-four primary threshold as part of the state’s ranked-choice voting system, which was adopted through a ballot measure in 2020 — just in time for Murkowski, who was not guaranteed to emerge from Tuesday’s primary race as the clear favorite.

Both Trump and Alaska’s Republican Party have endorsed Tshibaka over the incumbent Murkowski for the Senate seat. Trump had strongly criticized Murkowski while he was president, saying in 2018 that she would “never recover” after she voted against his second Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh.

Sarah Palin advances to November’s general election for Alaska's House seat
Quote:
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has clinched one of four spots in November’s ranked-choice general election for the state’s at-large congressional seat, NBC News projects, keeping alive her hopes for a political comeback.

She will be joined on the fall ballot by Republican Nick Begich, the namesake grandson of a former Democratic representative who held the seat, and Democrat Mary Sattler Peltola, a former state lawmaker. It was too early after polls closed to call the fourth and final contender.

A separate special election Tuesday to fill the remaining months of the late Rep. Don Young’s term — a race that also features Palin, who has former President Donald Trump's endorsement — is too early to call. That contest is the state’s first to use ranked-choice voting, and NBC News projects no candidate will receive a majority of the vote in the first round. Results aren’t expected to be fully tabulated until later this month.

Palin, the 2008 Republican nominee for vice president, finished first in a nonpartisan June primary to secure one of the four spots on Tuesday's special election ballot. She faced Begich and Peltola. Al Gross, an independent who finished third in the June primary, later withdrew, leaving three candidates.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 3:07 am

The MAGA contamination is growing faster than the pandemic it seems

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 4:02 am

WOKE is the plague. MAGA is the vaccine.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 4:59 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

Yep...I wouldn't be surprised if that's their slogan in 2024 :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 8:08 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

Considering the anti Western tilt of wokeness specifically and progressivism generally, that actually isn't a bad analogy, reclaiming American greatness from the people who can only see the negatives about this and every other Western country.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 11:56 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

WOKE is a plague. MAGA is another plague.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 12:44 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

More like chemo, a poison you take hoping it kills the cancer faster than it kills you.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 12:50 am

Dox47 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

More like chemo, a poison you take hoping it kills the cancer faster than it kills you.

An untested "chemo" (read: just plain old poison) sold by a huckster.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 1:03 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
An untested "chemo" (read: just plain old poison) sold by a huckster.

And yet, it's proving very effective in bringing pain and derangement to the smug coastal elites who I want to see harmed, while also bringing previously out of reach minority voters into the GOP coalition and destroying the Obama era "demographics is destiny" paradigm that lead the Democrats into thinking their were the anointed ones who never needed to temper their wildest desires. Honestly, the results have been much better than I dared to hope back in 2016, when I was amused by Trump but was resigned to Hilary.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 1:05 am

Touche