Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 2:17 am

Airline seats too small? The FAA may soon change that

Quote:
average male has gained 15 pounds and 2 inches of waist size, while the average female has added 16 pounds and 3 inches of waist size

With all this inequality I hear about women had to have something better, right? Ah, ladies. :wink: :lol: :heart:

I used to love flying as a kid. Then 9/11 happened and it started to feel like harassment. Then I grew tall and seats shrunk.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 10:24 am

I haven’t been on a plane since you could just walk on and smoking was allowed.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 10:28 am

The overnight sleeping pods are amazing.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 11:06 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Airline seats too small? The FAA may soon change that
Quote:
average male has gained 15 pounds and 2 inches of waist size, while the average female has added 16 pounds and 3 inches of waist size

With all this inequality I hear about women had to have something better, right? Ah, ladies. :wink: :lol: :heart:

I used to love flying as a kid. Then 9/11 happened and it started to feel like harassment. Then I grew tall and seats shrunk.

Considering the differences in height between the sexes, it comes as a surprise that women have gotten fatter compared to men.

It's the same in the UK where women make up 3 in 4 obesity related hospital admissions. It's turning into a problem.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 12:04 pm

Let the airlines, and the fast food industry duke it out.

The former want to cram us into smaller seats for profit, and the latter make us all into lardasses for profit.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 12:24 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I haven’t been on a plane since you could just walk on and smoking was allowed.

Yeah, I remember the split sections, smoking and non-smoking. Maybe that's just a European thing.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 12:31 pm

Nades wrote:

Considering the differences in height between the sexes, it comes as a surprise that women have gotten fatter compared to men.

It's the same in the UK where women make up 3 in 4 obesity related hospital admissions. It's turning into a problem.

Uh, women's bodies are hormonally predisposed to gaining and maintaining weight.

A woman could consume the same calories, do the same diet, or have the same personal trainer as a man and still be unable to lose weight at the rate he does, if at all. Women's bodies store fat to prepare for childbirth, breastfeeding, and survival with their child in the event of hunger. That happens even if they don't have children.

That's not to mention the fact hormonal birth control (pills, IUD) cause women to gain weight. Hormonal contraception tricks women's bodies into behaving like they're already pregnant, which includes storing fat and having an increased appetite to nourish the baby.

It's a Catch-22.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 1:28 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Nades wrote:

Uh, women's bodies are hormonally predisposed to gaining and maintaining weight.

A woman could consume the same calories, do the same diet, or have the same personal trainer as a man and still be unable to lose weight at the rate he does, if at all. Women's bodies store fat to prepare for childbirth, breastfeeding, and survival with their child in the event of hunger. That happens even if they don't have children.

That's not to mention the fact hormonal birth control (pills, IUD) cause women to gain weight. Hormonal contraception tricks women's bodies into behaving like they're already pregnant, which includes storing fat and having an increased appetite to nourish the baby.

It's a Catch-22.

He hasnt noticed that there is a reason that "broads" are called "broads". :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 1:31 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Nades wrote:

It's a Catch-22.

He hasnt noticed that there is a reason that "broads" are called "broads". :lol:

Ha! I thought of that yesterday.
Maybe he didn't notice that boobs and booties are made of fat, too.
I think he likes those parts.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 3:24 pm

Quote:

Yeah but that's just the teenagers. What about the adults?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 11:08 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
The overnight sleeping pods are amazing.

Did someone say sleeping pods? Sweet. :mrgreen:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 3:43 am

The world is finnally accommodating sweetpeas. :)

Last edited by naturalplastic on 21 Aug 2022, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 3:44 am

What's a sweatpea? 8O

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 4:50 am

r00tb33r wrote:
What's a sweatpea? 8O

A typo for 'sweetpea'.

A sweetpea is the same thing as an 'in fink'.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 7:49 am

My conspiracy thought is they do this on purpose so less people fly or so they buy bigger seat tickets. It's how they save and make money. Less weight means less fuel burned. I solve this by putting my feet under the seats so my legs are not getting cramped. You can't just get up and walk. On the road, you can simply stop somewhere to stretch your legs. That is why rest areas exist.

Flying overseas. They have sleep cabins and seats that turn into beds but I can imagine these are expensive. In this scenario I would try and get an aisle seat so I can use the restroom to take care of something personal. Longest flight I ever went on was 8 hours and this was from Minneapolis to London Gatwick.

Some flights are 16 hrs long. I can imagine they use bigger planes with sleep cabins and all for these flights and that is why flying overseas is more expensive.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 8:23 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Nades wrote:

It's a Catch-22.

They always have though. It's the difference over the last 30 years which is dramatic. I think society needs to start acknowledging the obesity crisis and not accommodate for it. Albeit small, a healthy sized male and female should be able to fit in an airline seat reasonably easily.