Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 2:00 am

ironpony wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
I just don't see how it could be fixed though. There are always going to be racist people here and there in the world, and it's not like anyone can stop that, unless you somehow manage to brainwash those people, literally, or kill them off.

Oh I agree it won't be fixed.
The next generation of teens are just as bad as their parents
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ra ... e-n1251675

But you make them accountable. They are less likely to act on their prejudice if they are caught. Shine a torch or open the curtains and you kill of the mould. Acts of racism and discrimination will become a thing of the past as systems catch those trying to exercise their privilege to harm others. That's why De Santis is a gutter slug for his anti-woke act as it's designed to attack those trying to stamp out racism.

But what counts as an act of racism? That's very loosely defined, so how do you make it illegal? Racism is hate, and people are allowed to hate whoever they want, so wouldn't the law need to get more specific?

Racism is a fairly insidious form of bullying. But for me all bullying results in either mental and/physical trauma.

That makes sense. But I guess under the law people are allowed to be a$Gholes to one another, if all they are doing is just talking trash to one another, unless they can somehow make that illegal?

Yeah you can't legislate against being an ahole but you can make them accountable.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 2:02 am

But how would you make them accountable legally? Like how?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 2:38 am

ironpony wrote:
But how would you make them accountable legally? Like how?

Catch them in the act - then prosecute

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 3:31 am

ironpony wrote:
These people who are teaching that all white people are born racist... what race would most of these people be, who are teaching this?

Mixed, but from what I have seen a lot of privileged white people.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 3:43 am

ironpony wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
I just don't see how it could be fixed though. There are always going to be racist people here and there in the world, and it's not like anyone can stop that, unless you somehow manage to brainwash those people, literally, or kill them off.

Oh I agree it won't be fixed.
The next generation of teens are just as bad as their parents
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ra ... e-n1251675

But you make them accountable. They are less likely to act on their prejudice if they are caught. Shine a torch or open the curtains and you kill of the mould. Acts of racism and discrimination will become a thing of the past as systems catch those trying to exercise their privilege to harm others. That's why De Santis is a gutter slug for his anti-woke act as it's designed to attack those trying to stamp out racism.

But what counts as an act of racism? That's very loosely defined, so how do you make it illegal? Racism is hate, and people are allowed to hate whoever they want, so wouldn't the law need to get more specific?

What is it? Lately it is whatever Ibram X. Kendi and Robin DiAngelo says it is.

You cannot make a law against people hating, fearing, and supremacy thinking but there are laws on the books against people acting upon those feelings.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 3:55 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
You cannot make a law against people hating, fearing, and supremacy thinking but there are laws on the books against people acting upon those feelings.

Technology is catching racists. They live among us right now
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/white-man- ... ams-match/

Amazing how casually this man is typing pure hatred of black people. I'm guessing he's upper middle class to afford front row tickets to the women's US open tennis match.

I don't actually care if they are charged or not. I just like seeing them outed in front o their family/friends and co-workers and most importantly their employer for what they are.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 4:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Technology is catching racists. They live among us right now
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/white-man- ... ams-match/

Technology is culling out the really dumb ones, the so egotistical ones who think they won't be caught, the technologically illiterate ones, and the ones with self-control problems. That is managing the problem, making it less bad worthy but not a cure.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 5:15 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Technology is culling out the really dumb ones, the so egotistical ones who think they won't be caught, the technologically illiterate ones, and the ones with self-control problems. That is managing the problem, making it less bad worthy but not a cure.

That's a start, We'll catch the rest later