Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Eddy98
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2022, 2:09 pm

Hey I got a quick question... or maybe not so quick...

Can someone with schizophrenia (like me, I'm diagnosed) have traits that are similar to autism? Because Im wondering if I might not be autistic per se but rather "just" schizophrenic. I've a few examples of traits I have that are seen in autism:

- Stimming
- Sensory issues
- Social issues
- Hyperfixation
- Meltdowns, Shutdowns, Breakdowns

These are just a few I have and Im wondering if they arent just autistic traits but also schizophrenic traits.

Thank you for reading this and I hope to get a better insight of my own mind with the help of people who go through similar stuff :)

Love&peace

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 12:07 am

Eddy98 wrote:
Hey I got a quick question... or maybe not so quick...

Can someone with schizophrenia (like me, I'm diagnosed) have traits that are similar to autism? Because Im wondering if I might not be autistic per se but rather "just" schizophrenic. I've a few examples of traits I have that are seen in autism:

- Stimming
- Sensory issues
- Social issues
- Hyperfixation
- Meltdowns, Shutdowns, Breakdowns

These are just a few I have and Im wondering if they arent just autistic traits but also schizophrenic traits.

Thank you for reading this and I hope to get a better insight of my own mind with the help of people who go through similar stuff :)

Love&peace
only one of those related to schizophrenia are sensory issues but it’s rather confusing and work differently it’s rather hard to explain also a big thing is sense schizophrenia has an onset they would be new symptoms