Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 3:24 pm

A long time ago, I posted a thread like this to help me expand my collection of games for the original Xbox. Now, I've recently gotten a 360, a black model. It was pre-owned and we had to figure out the parental controls code before we could erase the current profile and create our own. It took six and a half days guessing it in order. My younger brother is a trooper.

Anyway, now I'm trying to expand my 360 library. Recommend me whatever games you may think I might enjoy.

Some notes: If I have it on another system or PC, it's likely on my radar.
I do not accept games with brutal difficulty. Pick games that are well balanced.
No EA sports.
No Call of Duty or Battlefield nor anything cloned after the two.
No Kinect.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 4:27 pm

Lost Odyssey

Haven’t played yet but looks good

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 1:09 pm

I don't know what you would like, but if you only count the exclusive games, there aren't that many to choose from; most of the best 360 games are better and cheaper on Steam, or most people already have them on PS2/3 or Wii...or they've been remade for newer consoles.

There's Crackdown, if you like GTA. It's directed by the guy who did the original GTA, but you play as a cop with superpowers, so you can jump over buildings and throw cars and stuff. Like GTA, there's no real meat to the game, but it's fun in small doses.

Lollipop Chainsaw is cool if you like Suda 51.

There are a few Rare games, but I haven't played them, so I cannot give a full recommendation.

IIRC, Castlevania HD on 360 allows you to play more than one person per console, and the PS3 version does not.

There was a four-player Bubble Bobble for 360 too, I seem to remember we had a good time with it.

I guess there were a lot of games for PC that had split-screen support on the 360, if you're into couch multiplayer. Though a lot of later releases dropped it down to only two-players per console (and offline mode only).

Hmm, I'm trying to find a list of 360-exclusive games, but so far they are all filled with games that are not exclusive at all, or games that were exclusive at one point...

There were a few Sega arcade ports that were exclusive for a while, but I think you can't purchase them anymore (they were digital-only), and they're on the Switch now.

Agent_Elflord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2022, 1:05 am

LA Noire? I forgot to consult the XB1 backwards compatibility list and bought it but then returned it and traded it for GTA IV. Looked cool though and I wish I could've played it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 6:15 pm

Agent_Elflord wrote:
LA Noire? I forgot to consult the XB1 backwards compatibility list and bought it but then returned it and traded it for GTA IV. Looked cool though and I wish I could've played it.

Yeah, that's probably a good idea if one is into those games. The PC ports of Rock Star games back then are just terrible.

I've heard GTA V works pretty well on PC, but haven't seen it for myself.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 8:15 pm

I was a latecomer to the 360 myself (2016).

GTA V and Red Dead Redemption are killer apps IMO but all the GTA games are worth having. I also highly recommend Blur and Split/Second: Velocity; fast, aggressive driving games with lots of power ups.

The 360 digital store was also still up and running when I last used it earlier this year. Lots of older games up for grabs and most of them can be linked to an XBoxOne if you decide to upgrade.

The Mauve Factor

15 Oct 2022, 1:07 am

Not sure what you're into specifically, but the Portal games are pretty awesome. Pretty sure the Skate & Burnout series are all EA, otherwise I'd recommend those for sure.

I had a 360 semi-recently and it was basically just my dedicated Skate machine, but since it didn't really get much use otherwise I figured it was a lot to have sitting around in my tiny house

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 8:25 am

The Mauve Factor wrote:
Not sure what you're into specifically, but the Portal games are pretty awesome. Pretty sure the Skate & Burnout series are all EA, otherwise I'd recommend those for sure.

I had a 360 semi-recently and it was basically just my dedicated Skate machine, but since it didn't really get much use otherwise I figured it was a lot to have sitting around in my tiny house

As long as it's not a part of the era where EA started going bad...well, really REALLY bad.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.