Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

If you had to chose one as the next President of The United States.
Donald Trump 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Ron DeSantis 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 12

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 12:30 pm

Raptor wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
If someone put a gun to my head and said you had to vote for one of these two guys or you die I would vote against DeSantis, because DeSantis is smarter and less impulsive and thus will get more of the authoritarian agenda done. Of course, I would be aware they are going to kill me anyway, but that does not change the calculation.

Kill you anyway? Please do elaborate.

If they let me go I could report and identify them to the police.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 12:48 pm

I wouldn't be too sure because Trump is far more popular than DeSantis is.

OGMacgyver
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2022, 2:03 am

First of all, the title of this thread does not correspond to the discussion therein. It it should be titled Next Republican Candidate since there's no mention of Democratic candidates.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

How can you liberals say all these rediculous things about the Republicians Trump and be OK with crime being legalized in all the blue territory by progressive Soros backed DA's(while outlawing self defense)? People shoplifting, assualting, and murdering people and being released the next day.

If liberalism is so good, then why is there an exodus from blue territories to red ones?

My wet dream is 4 more years of Trump and 8 years of Desantis. But I'll be satisfied with 8 years of Desantis. The thing that worries me about Trump's baggage is that people that don't blame him for it still won't vote for him.

I don't understand this Trump vs Desantis thing that liberals are trying to gin up. They agree on everything. What do they have to fight about? :?

Also the illegal immigration invasion bringing in fentanyl which has killed 150,000 people. And CRT, and alternative gender insanity. Are you really ok with kids switching genders at school without telling their parents? Then again, you're ok with kids getting an abortion without telling their parents(no matter what gender the kid is).

The definition of a cultist is someone who considers the irrational and illogical perfectly rational and logical to them. Everything I mentioned above is irrational and illogical. Simple logic says that since liberals think everything I mentioned above are great ideas, they're the ones in a cult.

Hopfully you liberals will provide a more substantial rebuttal than your Pavlovian response of: I'm a racist! and Orange Man Bad!, but I won't hold my breath.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 2:22 am

If those will be my only choices I think I might just retire overseas.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 25 Aug 2022, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 2:46 am

OGMacgyver wrote:
How can you liberals say all these rediculous things about the Republicians Trump and be OK with crime being legalized in all the blue territory by progressive Soros backed DA's(while outlawing self defense)? People shoplifting, assualting, and murdering people and being released the next day.

No one wants to legalize crime. That isn't the point. The point is to recognize that the laws we had were not working as intended and, so, a different solution needs to be found.

I understand that changing the way we try to form safe neighborhoods is a messy and imperfect process, and that right now there are some pretty glaring gaps in crime prevention and law enforcement that are creating unacceptable results.

If you've been strict with a child, and you loosen the rules, you can expect chaos for a while. It's natural to push on and test the limits. But kids also quickly learn how counterproductive the chaos is to their own desires, and rises up to the positive opportunities the change provides. Of course, someone needs to be educating and communicating with the child if the positive outcomes are going to maximized. Its similar for troubled segments of our population. But what I don't know in all these changes is just how much building is going on on the essential other side of the equation, the one that will eventually build up the target population so that it no longer mostly wishes to engage in chaos. It is futile to change the rules without a different kind of action coming from a new direction.

As a blue pocket resident, I do know the intent is to work the other side of equation. What I don't know is how much intent is making it into reality. I know some is; I see it firsthand in my community. Is it enough? Probably not, but if data shows it can work, hopefully more funding and effort will follow.

I'd rather experiment on something new than continue with a system we know isn't working. As a nation, we have one of the highest rates of incarceration in the world, but not one of the lowest crime rates. So, duh, not actually working. Other countries clearly know something we don't. So why not model after them more, and our old ways less? But .. changing is a messy process. With any luck, the outcome will be worth it.

Meanwhile, my state has some hard limit voter propositions that are in desperate need of tweaking, they went too far in the lenient direction, but tweaking voter approved propositions is a drawn out and time consuming business. This state does far, far too much by voter proposition. Propositions are rarely well written or complete enough to be effective.

Also ...

As a nation we can come back from a lot of ugly and stupid policy. What we can't come back from is a complete shredding of our constitution, and the democratic process. Trump seems to be intent on changing our nation into an autocracy. That is something we cannot allow.

OGMacgyver
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Aug 2022, 6:12 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
OGMacgyver wrote:

No one wants to legalize crime. That isn't the point. The point is to recognize that the laws we had were not working as intended and, so, a different solution needs to be found.

I understand that changing the way we try to form safe neighborhoods is a messy and imperfect process, and that right now there are some pretty glaring gaps in crime prevention and law enforcement that are creating unacceptable results.

If you've been strict with a child, and you loosen the rules, you can expect chaos for a while. It's natural to push on and test the limits. But kids also quickly learn how counterproductive the chaos is to their own desires, and rises up to the positive opportunities the change provides. Of course, someone needs to be educating and communicating with the child if the positive outcomes are going to maximized. Its similar for troubled segments of our population. But what I don't know in all these changes is just how much building is going on on the essential other side of the equation, the one that will eventually build up the target population so that it no longer mostly wishes to engage in chaos. It is futile to change the rules without a different kind of action coming from a new direction.

As a blue pocket resident, I do know the intent is to work the other side of equation. What I don't know is how much intent is making it into reality. I know some is; I see it firsthand in my community. Is it enough? Probably not, but if data shows it can work, hopefully more funding and effort will follow.

I'd rather experiment on something new than continue with a system we know isn't working. As a nation, we have one of the highest rates of incarceration in the world, but not one of the lowest crime rates. So, duh, not actually working. Other countries clearly know something we don't. So why not model after them more, and our old ways less? But .. changing is a messy process. With any luck, the outcome will be worth it.

Meanwhile, my state has some hard limit voter propositions that are in desperate need of tweaking, they went too far in the lenient direction, but tweaking voter approved propositions is a drawn out and time consuming business. This state does far, far too much by voter proposition. Propositions are rarely well written or complete enough to be effective.

Also ...

As a nation we can come back from a lot of ugly and stupid policy. What we can't come back from is a complete shredding of our constitution, and the democratic process. Trump seems to be intent on changing our nation into an autocracy. That is something we cannot allow.
There's a fatal flaw in your argument: You already tried this expirament in the 80's and 90's and it failed epicly. That's why Rudy Juliani was elected mayor of NY City.

The only thing I remember from those days are stories on the news of someone in NY being mugged or assaulted at a bus stop while other people watch it happen and do nothing. I'm sure this still happens. How can you think this expiriment is a good idea when it cares more about the criminal then their victim? How is it a good idea to release a murderer who was arrested the next day. How is it a good idea to make shoplifting legal. What about all the money businesses are losing because of it? Why is it ok for people and businesses to suffer for this expiriment? CVS has closed alot of stores in California because of this expiriment. What if one of your kids was killed or raped by some who's been arrested and released 50 times during this expiriment? You would just say oh well, too bad, so sad? You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that something that's so completely irrational, illogical and barbaric is a good idea. You have no legs to to stand on to criticize Republicans for anything when you think legalizing crime and outlawing self defense(among other irrational, illogical and barbaric things you love) is a good idea.

I'm glad I live in South Florida where its safe and civilized. Also, I'm at least 500 miles away from any civil war battles that may happen.

OGMacgyver
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2022, 8:24 am

Ok, It appears I've won this thread.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:50 pm

If we have to pick a conservative republican.. Dwayne Johnson, please.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:53 pm

Raptor wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
What’s the point? Neither are going to win.

If ** some ** republican doesn't win this time it will be proof enough that the elections are rigged. It doesn't have to be true if enough people believe it in their hearts.

There may be unrest.

Wtf?

Just because some candidate loses doesn't mean an election was rigged. There were numerous audits of the 2020 election and 60 or so court cases filed alleging that it was rigged.. and the net result: Zero evidence proving it was anything but a secure, free and fair, election.

It's just straight up crazy talk to suggest that if enough people believe an election was rigged then it was in fact rigged. Evidence of election fraud would prove it was rigged - and if it WAS rigged, both sides should want it exposed and things set straight.