Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 7:47 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Some of those things correlate, but if the drug is weed, weed can both contribute and also be a form of self-medication.

Weed can definitely contribute to the paranoia.

I've been smoking a lot of weed and spending a lot of my time off of work stoned. I've spent a lot of the past 3 days stoned.

I've also binge drank a few times which I don't normally do. I was having issues with drug use before this, but I don't normally get + stay stoned or drink that much.

I'd try to insert a sober day or two, between dependency concerns, reducing tolerance and giving your body a bit of time to reduce the level of metabolites it's probably not a bad idea.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 8:01 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I'd try to insert a sober day or two, between dependency concerns, reducing tolerance and giving your body a bit of time to reduce the level of metabolites it's probably not a bad idea.

I'm definitely going to try to do that. I'm sure that my weed use isn't helping me and that I should try to not use it for awhile, especially after how stressful the past few days have been.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 11:23 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'm definitely going to try to do that. I'm sure that my weed use isn't helping me and that I should try to not use it for awhile, especially after how stressful the past few days have been.

Yeah that's good advice actually. I think weed is OK but it can sometimes get a bit too much. Not that I use it anymore but I can think back and remember a time when I did.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Sep 2022, 2:39 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Can mania cause psychosis, or individual symptoms of it? Will those symptoms go away when the episode of mania ends?
There are people who have both Bipolar Disorder & Schizophrenia & the symptoms can sometimes play off each other. I think mania might be able to cause psychosis without being Schizophrenic too thou so it can sometimes be hard to tell exactly what's going on.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition