How to ask tough questions during an interview...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 2:40 pm

I have another interview (I wasn't able to get to the in-person one). This one is via phone.

Permanent job with benefits, 30,000-40,000 a year range, that salary would destroy my SSI though, (even includes some free meals because the nature center is at a camp). Involves driving out to various places like schools, nursing homes, libraries, etc... to do animal programs and also involves animal care. The job says you drive company vehicles long distances (but I don't know if you need your own vehicle for anything, I have a license but no vehicle of course and I have driven long distances before). The job description hints maybe they provide housing, they do for temporary workers at the camp at least according to other job descriptions. But the job is several states away in a touristy area and if you had to find own housing I'd see that as difficult...

I know why they are interested, since I did extremely similar things in the past.

But I need more tips on how to explain job gaps (disability and taking care of grandma/husband). Does it include housing? If not would I get help? Time off for doctors appointments? Slight accomodations for lifting things (job description says 40lbs, I can do like 30 tops and not long distances). Does it involve a lot of walking of long distances, (job description does mention doing some chores) now I've been told my neurodiversity is aparant, I hope they don't see it negatively, Etc...

Interview Thursday Afternoon

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 2:58 pm

Tell them you were taking care of grandma.

The other questions you have to ask your interviewer.