Historic Drought Unveils Dinosaur Tracks in North Texas

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 10:19 pm

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/historic-drought-unveils-113-million-year-old-dinosaur-tracks-in-north-texas

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 6:55 am

But... but... but... the earth is only six thousand years old! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 11:31 am

The tracks of Satan!!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 11:34 am

Misslizard wrote:
The tracks of Satan!!

That.

Or of a seven ton chicken!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 12:41 pm

Fry that chicken up, eat for weeks.
Why it went extinct.It was tasty.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 1:22 pm

A chicken that big would make YOU into a fricassee.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 1:26 pm

Run it off a bluff with fire, than BBQ it.
Even a giant chicken would be sort of stupid.Still a bird brain.
Just think of the omelettes you could make from one egg.Sadly no cheese available.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 3:21 pm

Just took down one of it’s chicks.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 3:31 pm

^ You're making me hungry.

Quote:
Historic Drought Unveils Dinosaur Tracks In North Texas

Proof that dinosaurs lived underwater. 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 9:13 am

I think that news is very fascinating. Thank you for a cool story.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 7:14 pm

If my memory serves me correctly the biblical curriculum in some American schools actually posit that human footprints are found in conjunction with dinosaur footprints claiming that Dinosaurs co-existed with humans. Strangely no mention of giant sauropods in the bible though :lol:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 7:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
If my memory serves me correctly the biblical curriculum in some American schools actually posit that human footprints are found in conjunction with dinosaur footprints claiming that Dinosaurs co-existed with humans. Strangely no mention of giant sauropods in the bible though :lol:

Some people claim that the mention of creatures like leviathans in the Bible demonstrates that people and dinosaurs coexisted. One of my fellow teachers has said to me that dinosaurs were killed off in the Flood. :lol:

When your beliefs force you to disregard science, it’s likely that you will believe all sorts of other unscientific nonsense because people think that if scientists “must” be wrong about one big thing they could easily be wrong about other big things. It’s a snowball effect.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 7:27 am

cyberdad wrote:

No American public school teaches that.

But there is nongovernment industry of book publishing, and film making, devoted to promoting young earth creationism, and evolution denial.

And there are Creationist museums that have dioramas showing human cave man families living side by side with dinosaurs (the Flintstone cartoons come to life).

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 7:30 am

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

No American public school teaches that.

They aren’t supposed to be teaching that. Occasionally, school teachers get caught doing it, though. It probably happens a lot when they aren’t caught.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 7:41 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Some people claim that the mention of creatures like leviathans in the Bible demonstrates that people and dinosaurs coexisted. One of my fellow teachers has said to me that dinosaurs were killed off in the Flood. :lol:

Thats another thing. Young Earth Creationists seem to be divided on the issue of what happened to the dinosaurs.

Some, like your fellow teacher, say that Noah left them off the Ark, and they all drowned in the flood.

But some claim that that notion violates scripture, and that Noah saved ALL creatures, including dinosaurs. This latter group includes Ken Haim, founder of the huge "Ark Encounter" theme park in Tennessee. His life-sized model of the Ark shows dinosaurs being berthed and cared for in the Ark by Noah and his family along with extant animals.

Noah and his family managed to lasso, and wrangle T-Rexes, and Brontos, and managed to get two of each kind aboard the Ark.

Both factions agree that there was SOME overlap in time between dinosaurs and humans.

The King James Bible says that Creation happened in 4000 BC, and that the Flood happed in 2300 BC. So that means that there were 17 centuries when humans and dinosaurs coexisted.

But the Ken Haim faction believes that dinosaurs were saved from the Flood, and continued to propagate after 2300 BC, and that Jesus probably saddled up and road dinosaurs, and that there is evidence that dinosaurs were still around in the Middle Ages, and didnt start to gradually die out until like the Renaissance times. Must have been "habitat reduction".

Both groups say that "dragons" in myths were actual dinosaurs. And then there are the two biblical monsters:leviathan in the sea, and behemoth on land.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 28 Aug 2022, 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 7:48 am

Quote:
Both groups say that "dragons" in myths were actual dinosaurs.

This is true. They’re pretty much grasping at straws when it comes to evidence, so they’ll consider anything evidence.

They say similar stuff about the Flood. Since Flood myths are so widespread, they think that proves that the Great Flood actually happened. I think that it just demonstrates how similar humans are.

Anyway, someday I’d like to go to Ham’s Creationist “Museum” and the Ark Encounter. I’m waiting until my son is old enough not to giggle. As it currently stands, we’d set each other off. :lol: