Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Cobracommander44
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2022, 4:27 pm

Regulan wrote:
Cobracommander44 wrote:
Hey I feel ya. I have been clinically depresses since I was a teenager (am 31 now) and I always am told the same stuff like im not doing things right. I just try to shrugg it off and try to find things that make me happy. Some people have told me different coping mechanisms and self help tools. I may try some

Try the things that feel good to you. It´s not always easy to welcome changes but they are there all the time and we live at a time where people don´t welcome what feels dreadful and they don´t celebrate it as some passage ritual in their lives. Sometimes I try things out of desperation which I would, otherwise, never have tried. The point is to make peace with these dreadful hours by accepting them I think, while removing what we can (and it´s not always possible) from the whole world out there.

I think of the people in a distant past that just might have left their depressed alone, until they got themselves right. Some, if not many natives ( I write about the part of my family which descends from native americans) are just peaceful and don´t think bad at all when some people experience important existential shifts. Often it comes with gifts. Today we are rushed inside and outside our heads. It´s just a picture I have in my mind, of many so called "primitive" cultures around the globe. Maybe I am not right about this but I write based on things that I read and many that I remember from my childhood.

That's some interesting things you said. Yeah I'm trying to find new things to do that interest me. But alot of my childhood is the basis for mine as well. But in not sure of my family history.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 5:06 pm

I also struggle with depression. I'm also very artistic as well. I'm also a very sensitive person. I try to forget about it, but it's hard.

Regulan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2022, 12:29 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I also struggle with depression. I'm also very artistic as well. I'm also a very sensitive person. I try to forget about it, but it's hard.

A very good morning to you! I understand the part about trying to forget this. Of course I will never know how you feel but it's good to know people who can relate to this.
Thank you for replying.

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 6:56 am

It sounds like you have quite a healthy approach to facing pain and difficulty. I'm gonna try to keep in mind the things you've said.

I'm glad you're finding this site useful and feeling connected already :-)

Regulan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2022, 8:43 am

Maybe what was missing in my life was this sense of belonging here. It´s comforting and I know all the time now that it´s there. I don´t need to see or point it out, it´s becoming internalized. With time this will make the whole difference.

Thank you, good people, for allowing me to be here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 3:38 pm

Regulan wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

A very good morning to you! I understand the part about trying to forget this. Of course I will never know how you feel but it's good to know people who can relate to this.
Thank you for replying.

You're welcome

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 6:24 pm

That's very odd that a doctor would recommend God. I'm observing who is blessed in life and trying to see what they are doing right, and what I'm doing wrong.

I have to say since becoming Christian I have not been depressed. I was before , but that was situational , you said yours is clinical.

Regulan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2022, 4:58 am

Most people say I have everything: I am my own boss, I have a nice house and healthy children. I should be happy about myself but I am not. I know I take everything too serious, everybody tells me this. this is part of my personality and I am ok with this. My partner often makes comments that are funny to him that I perceive as abusive (and other people too and they tell him). He is a good person in general, specially to strangers, but he does have a serious problem with hurting his closest ones: his mother, his daughter and putting them down in public, for example and other things. He does not respect my emotional boundaries and I have to spend lots of energy in a daily basis explaining obvious things to him and setting limits to him, that he usually only follows, if I treat him like a 7 year old boy. It´s hard to explain, but afterall it seems I am mothering my husband and I am exausted. Too exausted.

The situational sometimes leads people who actually managed their lives pretty well to once more get pretty bad. No wonder.

I have developed a bunch of coping mechanisms and rotated them to function well and went into remission. It required quite a bit of discipline. But everybody needs a break. Very often another depression episode comes to force a person to rest.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 5:33 am

I left a bad marriage but then ended up living with other blokes in a shared house who are just as bad.
I don't know why.

I assume your depression might be situational because you are in a bad situation?

I wouldn't say you 'have it all' because in my opinion peace and tranquility at home are the most important things.

Regulan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2022, 5:58 am

klanka wrote:
I left a bad marriage but then ended up living with other blokes in a shared house who are just as bad.
I don't know why.

I assume your depression might be situational because you are in a bad situation?

I wouldn't say you 'have it all' because in my opinion peace and tranquility at home are the most important things.

You may be right. Wrong diagnosis always happen. The other episode I had was a decade ago and I was already married. I think I´ll go somewhere else and stay a week or so far away from my partner. I see no other option by now.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 7:51 am

I lived by myself recently, for four days. It was bliss. You might be spoilt by this time alone :D

sohil142003
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2022, 12:40 pm

Cobracommander44 wrote:
Hey I feel ya. I have been clinically depresses since I was a teenager (am 31 now) and I always am told the same stuff like im not doing things right. I just try to shrugg it off and try to find things that make me happy. Some people have told me different coping mechanisms and self help tools. I may try some

Your from johns creek ga? Lol me and you are from the exact same town