Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 8:22 pm

Took them long enough, the guy sounds like a real piece of work too:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/uvalde-poli ... -violence/

Quote:
Uvalde schools Police Chief Pete Arredondo was fired by the school board Wednesday evening following a unanimous vote in a closed-door meeting. He did not attend, citing a fear of “gun violence.”

CNN reported Arredondo’s contract was terminated following a meeting he refused to attend after he called it “illegal” and a “lynching” in a statement through an attorney.

An excerpt of the lengthy statement reads:
Quote:
No blame should be placed on Chief Arredondo from this event. None of his decisions or actions demonstrate a failure to meet the accepted standards of conduct for law enforcement officers in similarly situated school districts in Texas.

Arredondo will not participate in his own illegal lynching and respectfully requests the Board immediately reinstate him, with all backpay and benefits and close the complaint as unfounded.

Arredondo presided over an active shooter scene in May at Robb Elementary School where an armed gunman killed 19 children and two teachers. His officers did not act to stop the shooting.

Multiple law enforcement agencies on scene stood idly by as the massacre went on unabated for more than an hour.

The school district chief has been under the microscope since the week of the shooting.

The deadliest school shooting in Texas history only ended when highly-trained Border Patrol agents acted alone to take out the shooter.

In the statement via his attorney, Arredondo argued he had received “death threats” and said the shooter, and only the shooter, was to blame.

He also argued that, without being permitted to carry his service firearm to the Wednesday’s meeting, he did not feel safe.

The statement reads:
Quote:
The last thing anyone wants is for these proceedings to be compounded by violence, especially gun violence. Despite death threats being common knowledge, the School District has not disclosed any effort on its part to ensure the safety of Chief Arredondo, his legal counsel, or any of the pubic in attendance under such tense circumstances.

Without such steps, Chief Arredondo does not believe the planned district meeting is safe and is certainly not going to appear without exercising his state rights to be armed, unless the School District discloses in writing its safety protocol to ensure Chief Arredondo’s life and the lives of those in attendance, including both the Board, its Superintendent, and the media.

Gotta say, "I can't show up unless I'm armed for my own protection" when you're being accused of failing to protect a room full of school children who were killed while you stood around heavily armed is a bold strategy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 11:14 pm

Now let's see if they can hire someone who's an improvement.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 8:16 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Now let's see if they can hire someone who's an improvement.

It would be a struggle to hire someone who isn't.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 10:10 am

He should have resigned the day after.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 12:55 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

That would take bravery and honor, qualities he lacks.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 2:08 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

To be brutally honest, I think seppuku is the only correct option here.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 2:16 pm

The citizens of Uvalde should have gone after those responsible in a blood for blood fashion. Cops need to know that s**t like that is going to hurt if they do it.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 5:50 pm

Raptor wrote:
The citizens of Uvalde should have gone after those responsible in a blood for blood fashion. Cops need to know that s**t like that is going to hurt if they do it.

Yeah, firing really isn't enough, I almost wish they had something like the old school "cashiering" that was done to disgraced military officers, along with being stripped of any pensions and benefits. I'm not normally one to second guess split second decisions made in life and death situations, but all those goons milling around in the hallway while kids were getting killed is a whole other level.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 7:44 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

To be brutally honest, I think seppuku is the only correct option here.

I don't think he has the guts. (Snark! Snark!)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 8:02 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Yeah, firing really isn't enough, I almost wish they had something like the old school "cashiering" that was done to disgraced military officers, along with being stripped of any pensions and benefits. I'm not normally one to second guess split second decisions made in life and death situations, but all those goons milling around in the hallway while kids were getting killed is a whole other level.

No, by blood for blood I meant a life for a life.
Look at what those yellow as*holes did, or more correctly ** didn't do **.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 10:43 pm

I would charge him with murder, or manslaughter x 21.
He was complicit in all of those deaths by his dereliction of duty.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 11:30 pm

Raptor wrote:
No, by blood for blood I meant a life for a life.
Look at what those yellow as*holes did, or more correctly ** didn't do **.

I don't disagree, I mean catch me on a bad day and I'll half seriously advocate picking off cops running speed traps as a warning to the others, I was just trying to think through a slightly more legal option. In the absence of legal options though, I don't take anything off the table, criminals acting under the color of law deserve the harshest sanction, up to and including unmarked holes in the desert.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 3:00 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I think being a coward doesn't warrant dying in prison.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 3:24 pm

Nades wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Being a student or a teacher doesn't warrant dying in class.
Especially when the cops are doing SFA.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 3:46 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Nades wrote:
Being a student or a teacher doesn't warrant dying in class.
You are both correct.

However, "a coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once" (Wm. Shakepeare).

The police chief had the shooter out-numbered and out-gunned, and yet he feared for his own safety.

That is called 'Cowardice'.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 3:55 pm

Teachers have a responsibility to protect children.
They can be charged for going to the freaking bathroom during class.
They can be charged for not reporting suspected abuse, no matter how minor.
They can be fired (and charged) for being alone in a classroom with a student, with the door shut.

But the chief of police can allow cops to stand outside the door listening to kids being murdered?
.... and ... stopping parents or other first responders from helping?

WTF the world's gone insane.

Isn't there a charge called "aiding and abetting murder" ?
Could a random person just stand there and watch people die?
I thought random people with First Aid training are even obligated to help those who are choking.

Where's the accountability?

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 26 Aug 2022, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.