Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 8:44 pm

I think I accepted losing my grandmother two months ago. When my aunt email me wishing me a happy birthday, when I saw the email, I started to cry. My aunt used to bring my grandmother to visit me, my aunt bought her when I was in the healthcare center 4 years ago, my grandmother bought me In N Out food. They continue to visit me at home, always bring me Persian food, my grandmother bought me quarters once for my laundry, she had alot of quarters around her house. It wasn’t about the food & the gifts, it was about people loving & caring so much about me. My mom used to check in on me by bringing me stuff, we really didn’t get along back then, I just moved out on my own in 2007. She was still looking out for me when she had cancer. After she died, I called my grandmother alot, she is my mom’s mother. If I didn’t call, she would call to check in on me, she was protective of me & she could worry sooooooo much about me, sometimes she can be overprotective. Now that both my mom & grandmother are gone, I have nobody looking out for me. I know I still have family,but they don’t understand me, my dad don’t understand, he think he knows cuz he my father, my older sister thinks she knows me, cuz she my sister, I SOOO LOVE IT that she stopped talking to me. I feel soooo alone & lost. At least I have my cat, she loves me & show me love.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 9:00 pm

It's tough losing a loved one. I've lost a few in the past 15 years. May you avoid substance abuse as a coping mechanism. Don't be like my dad.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 7:19 am

I'm sorry you lost your grandmother. Sounds like you two had a lovely relationship and it's understandable that you're really feeling the absence of that now. It's a shame your father and sister aren't as understanding. How is your relationship with your aunt now? Do you see or talk to her much? I'm glad you have your cat! :cat:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 12:20 am

Sweet Pea hugs

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2022, 4:04 pm

I am having difficulty accepting the death of my boyfriend who died in an accident a month ago across the country from me. We had not seen each other in over 2 years and in the last several months we were talking again and working things out and he was planning to come see me in September. I never got a chance to say good bye or attend the funeral. Life can be cruel and unfair. He was only 37.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 4:06 pm

Stardust Parade wrote:
I am having difficulty accepting the death of my boyfriend who died in an accident a month ago across the country from me. We had not seen each other in over 2 years and in the last several months we were talking again and working things out and he was planning to come see me in September. I never got a chance to say good bye or attend the funeral. Life can be cruel and unfair. He was only 37.

I'm so sorry that that happened! It must be so hard.