Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 8:18 am

Comedian, Captain Autism, to perform at Penn State DuBois on Aug. 30

Quote:
The Diversity, Arts and Lecture Series, presented by Penn State DuBois Student Engagement will kick off the fall season with comedian, AJ Wilkerson, also known as Florida’s Comedic Superhero: Captain Autism, on Tuesday, Aug. 30 at 7 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.

Wilkerson’s website describes him as “…a stand-up comedian from Levy County, FL. Diagnosed with Autism as an adult, his comedy reflects both his boisterous personality as well as the unique way his brain works, even (especially) when it works against him. With his nervous charm, endearing smile, and a wholly Floridian ability to make the absurd seem reasonable,?AJ?has quickly become one of the most relevant young comics working today.

His alter ego, “Captain Autism”, has delighted audiences all over the country while working with comedy veterans, including Dean Napolitano, Chris Cope, Rodney Norman, John Caparulo, Melissa Villaseñor, Akaash Singh, and even the tater himself, the legendary Ron White!”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 11:29 am

That's very good news. We need more of this type of publicity.