Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 4:40 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
Guyliner looks nice on men.

mmmmmmm yup :P

Men always seem to get better eyelashes too.

My exbf wears nail polish, mascara, and lip gloss.

Yeah, nail polish looks good on men! Morrissey pulls it off well.

My five year old nephew loves wearing it. He also wears fairy wings, hair accessories and dresses!

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 4:46 am

babybird wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:

That's the spirit. I agree.

I actually have a fascination with make up. Not for myself because I don't know how to apply it (other than eyeliner) but I can sit all day long watching people put it on. Especially when they do all that contouring stuff.

Contouring is fun to watch...I've never done it myself, as I couldn't handle all that stuff on my skin. I think it makes everyone look the same when they have that full make-up look. They look so perfect, too.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 5:08 am

Where_am_I wrote:
babybird wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:

That's the spirit. I agree.

I actually have a fascination with make up. Not for myself because I don't know how to apply it (other than eyeliner) but I can sit all day long watching people put it on. Especially when they do all that contouring stuff.

Contouring is fun to watch...I've never done it myself, as I couldn't handle all that stuff on my skin. I think it makes everyone look the same when they have that full make-up look. They look so perfect, too.

I used to work with a woman a few years ago and I thought she was naturally dark skinned. I was surprised to find out that she actually had natural ginger hair and she had really fair skin. It was all contouring. She made herself look completely different to her natural self, perfectly symmetrical and she was beautiful.

I worked with another woman and all she used to do all day was apply makeup then clean it off and reapply it. She looked like a 16 year old boy without it and a beauty queen with it. She once did her face half and half for me. It was quite funny.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 5:15 am

Did you like the look on yourself?

One of my ex housemates looked like a stunning painting with her make-up. She always did the 'no make-up' make up look. The tip she gave was to apply everything with a brush - she used cheap paintbrushes.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 12:40 pm

Well I couldn't do the contouring. I tried to but it ended up looking like something from an 80's music video.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 9:39 pm

My NT girlfriend never wears makeup whenever we see each other
because IMO she is attractive enough without it.

Agent_Elflord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Sep 2022, 1:28 am

Not necessary, but I'm also torn because I get crushes on some of the local Mennonite women are very beautiful without it, but I also love the makeup styles from the 1930s-60s :heart:

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 11:15 am

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 2:15 pm

Indifferent. Some guys/trans guys Can look kinda cute with a little makeup, especially when they do it up for a party, but it's definitely not a requirement of mine. I just don't mind if they do wear it and it looks good on them. Those kinda guys are few and far between and not likely something I'd ever really encounter anyways besides just happening to see them at a party. But if my fwb decides they're going to wear some makeup, okay, have fun.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2022, 10:17 am

That's up to them. Whatever theyre comfortable with. Everyone has their own preference on how much makeup they want to wear. And everyone has a different makeup routine - theres no one size fits all.

Ethan Rob
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Oct 2022, 9:44 pm

Simple makeup is enough.

Rotter
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2022, 9:21 pm

babybird wrote:
This is an all inclusive question. Do you prefer your partner or potential partner to wear makeup? .... I wanna look glamorous though

I hope you want an honest answer to help you make your decision. Hmmm, you said "all inclusive", so alright, the truth is, seeing makeup and sexy clothing always made me think "casual sex", "one-night stand", "f**k buddy", whereas seeing practical clothing, practical shoes, and no makeup made me think "the one to marry and start a family with".

As for the combination of stiletto heels and makeup... well... let's just say it makes quite a bad impression on me. But I'm ND so I'm honest about such matters, so one time I said, "Honestly, I have to say, the way you're dressed... stilettos, makeup, skimpy clothing... I think you should find someone else, not me, because with the way you're dressed, I don't think in terms of a long-term monogamous relationship. I just think of casual sex from behind so I don't get your cosmetic gunk smeared all over my face and hands."

And then, to my great astonishment and shock, she turned around without leaving, and that's how I lost my virginity!! It was a goddamn nightmare that went on for months and months, because she refused to stop dressing like that, and I kept frowning and honestly warning her that I can't have a serious relationship with anyone who dresses like that, and I only wanted a serious relationship, but I was so weak that I succumbed to the temptation of her high-heeled invitation every damn time without exception.

God, this is so embarrassing to admit to. I'm pathetic -- what kind of man can't resist such a devilish temptation even after months and months of saying again and again, "Alright but this time will definitely be the last time."

As if that wasn't already embarrassing enough, the very worst part of it was that I never succeeded in bringing myself to say "no" to her, and instead the way I finally got rid of her was to openly and honestly tell another woman that I want a serious relationship but I need serious help. So the new woman said to the stiletto woman, "F**k off, b**ch, he's mine now."

It worked. I said to the new woman, "Oh thank you, thank you so very much! I couldn't have done it without you!"

She smiled and said, "You're welcome, but now, just to make sure you stay loyal to me, I have a little something in my bag here, and I intend to use it regularly."

Then she unzipped her bag, and took out a pair of stiletto heels, makeup, and a miniskirt. I was devastated, but I did everything she wanted anyway, every time. And that's how I now have six wonderful kids!

P.S.: The part about how I lost my virginity is not true :-)

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Oct 2022, 11:21 am

I think makeup looks good but I prefer women with good skin, a fresh faced look is what I'm attracted to. I think it must be something to do with how it signifies good overall health.