Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 2:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We've seen your picture, Babybird.....you look fine without makeup.

I wanna look glamorous though

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 2:11 pm

I guess you'll have to ask someone more experienced in these matters than I am :)

Saying the above, I would say, if you just add eyeliner or anything enhancing the eyes, perhaps even without other sorts of makeup, that you would look glamourous.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 2:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I guess you'll have to ask someone more experienced in these matters than I am :)

Saying the above, I would say, if you just add eyeliner or anything enhancing the eyes, perhaps even without other sorts of makeup, that you would look glamourous.

I was being jocular but thank you Wolfie

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 4:27 pm

I’m not sure why some people think women need makeup. Usually, men don’t say that they themselves need it. I think all of this is about social conditioning.

Why do I suddenly feel the urge to tell a guy that he needs blush or mascara to enhance his features? Or that I won’t marry a guy unless he wears makeup? :lol:

If men don’t need it, then women don’t either.

There’s nothing wrong with wearing it, of course, I just think the double standard is weird.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 4:40 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
I’m not sure why some people think women need makeup. Usually, men don’t say that they themselves need it. I think all of this is about social conditioning.

Why do I suddenly feel the urge to tell a guy that he needs blush or mascara to enhance his features? Or that I won’t marry a guy unless he wears makeup? :lol:

If men don’t need it, then women don’t either.

There’s nothing wrong with wearing it, of course, I just think the double standard is weird.
The same goes for high heels and nylons.  Sure, they may enhance some women's natural beauty, but at what cost?

Skin and eye infections (makeup), foot and ankle problems (high heels), and yeast infections and UTIs (nylons).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 4:51 pm

Men often have to wear ties which are also bad for you. I don’t find them that attractive, though. Maybe if I was into BDSM. :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 4:52 pm

Women's cosmetics are designed to make them look younger, like wide-eyed innocent, blushing virgins.
Lipstick is supposed to make your mouth look plump and soft like a vagina.
That's always creeped me out.
Most men don't try to look virginal, or like penises.

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 29 Aug 2022, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 4:53 pm

Katherine Hepburn said that nylons are an invention of the devil.

:heart:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 4:54 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Men often have to wear ties which are also bad for you. I don’t find them that attractive, though. Maybe if I was into BDSM. :lol:

Neckties?
I don't need any stinking neckties!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 4:55 pm

When people say that women, not men, need makeup, it seems to imply that women are uglier than men. I know people don’t mean it that way, but if I was an alien who was observing earthling behavior, I would come to that conclusion.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 4:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Neckties?

I hope you are wearing sandals with those socks. :lol:

(Congrats!)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 4:58 pm

Nice above piece of Music Natural Plastic .….! Nicely Poignant . :D timely tasteful

where ever you go ,there you are

Last edited by Jakki on 29 Aug 2022, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 5:00 pm

umm isn't this a relic of the 1700s where both aristocratic men and women wore layers of foundation on their faces :lol:

https://18centurybodies.wordpress.com/2 ... y-england/
How awful

For some reason men stopped, but women kept up the beauty routine as they were "kept" indoors,

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 5:04 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Neckties?
I hope you are wearing sandals with those socks. (Congrats!)
Open-toed, with straps!

But sorry, no camera.  I do not want to look like a tourist!

:wink:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 5:15 pm

:lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Aug 2022, 8:02 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
I dislike the taste of it. And no, I don't believe face paint looks good.

It's sort of like facial piercings. Sure, let people do what they want to do, but we'll judge them for it.
I think facial piercings can look cute or hot on some women :wink: I have a bit in common with a couple groups that facial piercings are not uncommon in like Goth, EMO, & Punk. I don't have any piercings thou & I never tried using any kind of cosmetics or anything like that. It would probably irritate my skin(I have skin eczema) & I don't want to draw that kind of attention to myself. I rather just blend in or not be noticed when going out unless I have to interact with someone like a cashier or something.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition