Dreams and longings for times and places that don't exist

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2022, 2:29 am

I'm deathly afraid of large bodies of water and even more, giant sea creatures. but at the same time i'm fascinated by them. so picture Drampa (pokemon) and a swamp that has his whole feel. it's more 70's looking green/gold swamp with a super deep body of water. I'm usually the one to go in a sub type thing with a gigantic glass window so i can see all the beautifully horrifying monsters swim around. the scariest part is they are harmless but their curiosity could be what kills you. also you can picture the setting being close to castle ruins. some kind of dark age, folksy, terrifyingly beautiful place.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 5:04 pm

sounds like "saudade" dreams that a lot of us have. a dreaming or longing for something so ineffable, so mysterious, so distant, that one can never be sure it is indeed just a dream we are recalling rather than something fleeting and slight [but with great emotional import] in our distant pasts.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2022, 5:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
sounds like "saudade" dreams that a lot of us have. a dreaming or longing for something so ineffable, so mysterious, so distant, that one can never be sure it is indeed just a dream we are recalling rather than something fleeting and slight [but with great emotional import] in our distant pasts.

That's powerful

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 6:20 pm

BreathlessJade wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's powerful

there is even a piece of music [composed in the 20th century by Pio Agustin Barrios Mangore] called "preludio Saudade" [sad prelude] that seems to encapsulate this feeling -

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2022, 1:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's powerful

there is even a piece of music [composed in the 20th century by Pio Agustin Barrios Mangore] called "preludio Saudade" [sad prelude] that seems to encapsulate this feeling -

Yes. It captures that thought well