Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 3:25 pm

Is there some type of tint that you can get on glasses that helps with light sensitivity?

I need to get glasses soon since my eyesight has worsened + straining to focus on things is making it worse. A lot of strain on my eyes also comes from being sensitive to light.

Going outside during the day even if it's cloudy hurts my eyes, and the lighting in most buildings hurts my eyes too. I can get a lot of anxiety from the discomfort, so I spend a lot of time inside and in the dark/with minimal lighting, which also isn't good for my eyesight.

I think if I had glasses that reduced light sensitivity I'd be able to handle doing more things outside and wouldn't need to avoid those things as much.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 3:28 pm

I like the yellow tinted ones. I originally started using then for cycling early in the morning time because they helped with tiredness and I found them to be useful with eye strain looking at a screen.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 3:32 pm

https://www.theraspecs.com/shop/?gclid= ... n0QAvD_BwE

FL-41 is very popular.

I have a dark blue tint on my reading glasses (not the blue light thing for computer screens).
I get nauseated by anything white, so it's hard to read books on white paper without them.

My computer glasses have a grey tint but I have everything on Dark Mode to avoid strain.
Outside I use prescription sunglasses with the normal brownish colour, but they aren't dark enough.

I feel your pain.
I can barely function in the daytime whether I'm inside or out, even with blackout curtains.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 5:03 pm

simple green or amber sun glasses work for me , polarized is even better. I find the dark smokey/black/gray ones are too dark to use indoors.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 7:33 pm

I only have brownish like or reddish brown darken tinted glasses or have tried some photochromic glasses.
It's been about 2 years now since I started wearing one.

Photochromic glasses only darkens with sunlight so far as I could encounter. So issues with florescents or blue light screens won't do well with that I think. It serves my own purpose more though.
And I couldn't have a real one from my local optometrists because it's expensive, so if I'm lucky I go risk and went with online options.

I never tried polarized glasses and the FL-41.
Former is as expensive (maybe also not practical for my case).
Latter is just unavailable for me -- online and offline (I asked local optometrists and don't know what that is) -- I cannot (and actually don't know how to) pay by dollar rates and never found anywhere with cash on delivery options... Or, not only expensive, also dubious, doesn't suit my tastes and no graded options.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.