Recruitment for study on masking, emotion regulation, pets

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

something_witty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Aug 2022, 4:53 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Harrison Chapman (he/him/his), a doctoral candidate and autistic researcher, in Counseling Psychology at the University of Georgia. I am inviting you to take part in a research study for a dissertation, which explores different ways autistic adults regulate their emotions. In the study, I aim to center the experiences of the autist community in research on emotion regulation and understand various ways autistic adults adapt their emotions, the impact masking has on adjusting emotions, and the ways animals may provide emotional support.

Eligibility includes
Any autistic adult who is 18+ or older, with or without a professional diagnosis
Provide legal consent
You do not have to have a pet to participate.

The survey takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and consists of:
Informed consent
Close-ended questions
Three open-ended questions
Demographics

Your participation in the study will aid in understanding way the adult autistic community regulate emotions and more understanding about the human-animal bond. The study is IRB approved (PROJECT00006156).

Additionally, if you provide an email address, you will be entered in a random drawing for 1 of 5 $25.00 Amazon Gift cards. You do not have to enter the drawing to complete the survey. You may enter for the drawing without participating in the research.

Click the link below if you would like to participate.
https://ugeorgia.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/ ... U0PplWF4Ue

Please feel free to share the link to the study to others who may be interested in participating.If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me at [email protected] or feel free to post here and I am happy to chat!

Last edited by Cornflake on 27 Aug 2022, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Posted with permission