Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 3:28 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Sometimes I like to take really cold showers and then make the water really hot for a bit, or vice versa. It's definitely not good for my body, but it feels nice. lol

One of my ex's used to do that. He always said it was good for the pores. I don't know how true that is.

I love a cold shower because I always feel warmer and fresher after it.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Aug 2022, 3:30 pm

I am very much someone boring who likes the warmth. It’s easier to adapt to being too cold than to being too hot, but I’d rather be sweating than shivering.

The thing I really hate is intense sunlight.

Ideal weather for me is 18 degrees, sunny but with lots of shade, still or gentle breeze.

When I was 14 I had hypothermia which has changed the way I feel about cold water. And as an adult, I’ve had to sleep in very cold temperatures a few times and found it much worse than sleeping in 30 degrees.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 3:38 pm

babybird wrote:
One of my ex's used to do that. He always said it was good for the pores. I don't know how true that is.

I love a cold shower because I always feel warmer and fresher after it.

I normally take a regularly hot shower and then use cool water for a minute or two at the end of it. That's supposed to be good for your pores because it closes them, I guess??? I dunno, but I just do it because my skin feels less dry afterwards.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 3:42 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I am very much someone boring who likes the warmth. It’s easier to adapt to being too cold than to being too hot, but I’d rather be sweating than shivering.

The thing I really hate is intense sunlight.

Ideal weather for me is 18 degrees, sunny but with lots of shade, still or gentle breeze.

When I was 14 I had hypothermia which has changed the way I feel about cold water. And as an adult, I’ve had to sleep in very cold temperatures a few times and found it much worse than sleeping in 30 degrees.

I can't sleep when it's 30+ degrees (Celsius). I can sleep when it's really cold though and I sleep a lot better then. It's a lot easier to throw another blanket on or more clothes. I also need the pressure from a blanket with at least some weight from it to sleep, so if it's hot I don't have the option of just using a sheet or no blanket.

I also get heat exhaustion and feel sick from the heat pretty easily, so due to that I am very biased against the heat. :lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 3:50 pm

Yes anything upto about 22 degrees Celsius and I'm OK. Above that at I'm just sweating buckets. I think I have a naturally high body temp or something because I reckon I sweat more than the average person. I do loads or cardio too and it looks like it's raining when it's dripping off me.

I can't stand having warm hands. And I do like to walk on a freezing cold floor as well. And if I can't feel cool air around my nose I start to panic a bit.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 2:12 pm

I love the way that the cold winter air feels on my knees.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 9:58 pm

I prefer the colder weather I have more energy to do things in the winter.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 9:21 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:

Same here.

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Aug 2022, 11:58 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

Same here.

Me three. I feel so great now that the mornings are starting to get chilly to open my balcony door and feel the cold breeze.

Nevertheless, I am also really easily too chilly in hands and feet so I wear woolly socks all the time. But I also love wearing layers of clothing and jackets and coats so autumn and winter is really fun. And I most love hoodies and it's so nice to get to wear them and not be sweaty. And hot tea. And getting dark more and more quiet out with less people. Ah! I love the fall and winter!

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 10:22 pm

I have never liked being cold and I can get cold easily. I have poor circulation, basically no body fat, and can struggle to produce my own heat. I almost froze to death late last winter when my wife and I couldn't find decent firewood and the temperature was brutally cold.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 6:26 am

It's easier for me to do something about being cold than to do something about being hot. In the UK air conditioning is rare because the summers are hardly ever really hot for more than a day or two, so when it does get too hot there isn't much help for it. But when it's cold, there's always exercise, warm clothes, and space heaters (though at the rate the energy prices are going up in the UK, that might soon not be an option).

I also find it harder to walk around when it's hot weather. When I was in the USA I started to feel quite ill just walking a few yards from the car to a supermarket. I thought I must be getting old or something, but as soon as the weather cooled down I had no further trouble with walking.

I have a slight numbness in some of my toes which feels worse when it's cold.

Siddiq_Sultan
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Sep 2022, 5:27 am

As I've rediscovered this in this hot summer, heat makes me aggresive, slow, dumb, easily annoyed.
Also about cold. For some time I tried Wim Hof method and actually started really enjoying cold showers. Sometimes it became too much, like I've stayed straight 10 minutes under cold flow and felt almost orgsmic pleasure in my muscles, and didn't want to get out. Then it went to normal again and I can't manage to stay more than 1-3 minutes, completely avoiding this practice for weeks.
What I also noticed is that diet affects my cold tolerance and breathing issues. Like if I avoid eating bread and pastry then I breathe easily and feel that cold is pleasant to me, but if I can't resist the urge to eat this tasty poison, I become more intolerant towards cold, my nose is stuffed more oftenly, breathing is borderline asthmatic and I can't tolerate cold at all. At this point I feel like a junkie towards gluten. The pleasure is totally not worth it but I just can't stop. I wish I had money to afford gluten free bread and sugarless treats.