Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 10:29 am

If you lie to people and say you have a job/employed (and your not actually working) why might they not believe you?

At the moment I lie to my friends about working but they don’t believe me at all.

Yes sometimes during the weekday I hang around my local town centre but I could just be on shift work right?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 10:38 am

Your lies would be effective if you were the only source of the truth.

However, your parents (for example) may tell the truth to their friends, who pass it along to their friends, who also share it with their friends . . . and so forth, until everybody who knows you knows the truth and also knows you to be a liar.

Or maybe your alleged employers have openly denied ever having you on their payroll.

Or maybe your alleged coworkers have openly stated they have never seen you on the job.

Or maybe there are simply no night-shift jobs for which you would qualify in your area.

Lies are always found out, one way or another. Obvious lies, even more so.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2022, 11:06 am

Fnord wrote:
Your lies would be effective if you were the only source of the truth.

However, your parents (for example) may tell the truth to their friends, who pass it along to their friends, who also share it with their friends . . . and so forth, until everybody who knows you knows the truth and also knows you to be a liar.

Or maybe your alleged employers have openly denied ever having you on their payroll.

Or maybe your alleged coworkers have openly stated they have never seen you on the job.

Or maybe there are simply no night-shift jobs for which you would qualify in your area.

Lies are always found out, one way or another. Obvious lies, even more so.

Yeah gossip spreads