Total votes : 36

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 10:12 pm

BreathlessJade wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
I feel like I'm at least 20 years younger than I actually am. Until I see that 90% of people on the internet are at least 20 years younger than I am. Then I feel old. After all, I remember when phones still had rotary dials and we had typewriters instead of keyboards.

I feel like I’m at least 20 years younger too, I’m 52, I just had my birthday few days ago. I look very young too, I have young skin I guess & no kids, I hear having kids can age you & wearing makeup. I guess it cuz of Aspergers/Autism mental age. I remember those phones, since I was born in 1970, I feel like I was born in the wrong decade, the 80s were my fave decade. Dialing those phones could hurt my fingers, I could dial the wrong number, then I used a pencil to dial. I took typing classes in high school, I learned how to type with all ten fingers, one of my fave classes. When me & my mom got the internet, I was in a chat room, I ended up typing with two fingers, I don’t know why.

i love the 80s so much!

Are you on Facebook? There are 80s pages on there. :heart: :heart:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 9:53 am

I feel like I'm so worthless and unable to cope with change because of my age. Coping with change has always been a struggle for me, but now that I'm not young anymore I'm a total square, I'm behind the times and have no clue why younger people are into whatever it is they're into now. Like when I click on the trending videos on YouTube and 99% of them look awful, clickbaity, or not worth watching. Or they talk about YouTubers I've never watched or even heard of. Most of the videos on my home page are of cats and guinea pigs and Looney Tunes cartoons and a lot of them are over a decade old. I'm sure the younglings can't comprehend why an old bat like myself is watching a longplay of a video game that was made in the 21st century instead of critical reviews of denture cleaners... and I still have all my teeth! :mrgreen:

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2022, 1:04 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself. Trendy is not always cool. In fact, trendy videos are the ones I avoid. And you're right about the clickbait. That's why I don't like the modern pop music, its not as artistry driven as back in my younger years.

verbose
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Nov 2022, 10:21 pm

This is my first post. My therapist recommended this forum to me. I’ve been lurking for a while. My 4yo son just yelled at me while I was helping him in the bathroom, and I had to leave and hide in my bedroom. My wife has him.

I’m 49 but I feel 12. When she was 12, my daughter told me I’m the only child-like adult she knows. I think she saw through me before I knew I was autistic. I think she loves this about me. But I definitely feel it now. My favorite things and things to do are all the things I loved and loved to do when I was 12. I hate everything about the adult world. I hate poker and golf and every second of work. I love video games movies and daydreaming.