To two particular co-workers: Screw You!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 3:15 am

For the past 6 weeks, I’ve been delivering pizzas for Papa Johns. There’s been some good, although this’ll be too long if I get into that.

Last Saturday night, my side job was to do the dishes. One co worker told me that she would help me with them. Another thing I’d like to note: my shift started at 5 PM, and I was scheduled til close, which was at 2 AM, followed by doing the dishes.

2 AM came and went and said co worker did another thing or two. And then left without doing any dishes, leaving me to do them all on my own. It was the weekend, so there were A LOT dishes. The types of dishes there were, I didn’t have the skill to get all of them done. I was mad.

I begin telling one of the other 2 guys still there, who only had to mop, that I’ve been there for 10 hours, how I had been betrayed and no one who’s been there for 10 hours should have to do dishes by themself. His response:

“Well, if I were you I would just suck it up”

I yelled at him “NO!” And went out back.

A few mins later, he came back out and took the trash out, then said some things to me:

“Him(the other person that was still there)and I have been there since 5 as well. He is doing your job for you! Come back in and help us close and stop throwing a fit”

I eventually came back in, did a few things that I could do, and I was finally able to leave.

The way he handled how stressed out I was very much reminded me how much lack of understand of Asperger’s there apparently still is. They just expect that I’m able to work as hard as they do and have the mental fortitude to handle long hours. My supervisors also don’t seem to understand that either, because when I first started a 6 weeks ago, they just gave me those 9-10 hour shifts when they know nothing about me. I asked my supervisor to cut my hours and that I didn’t want to work any shifts longer than 8 hours. As a result, I’m only now working 23-25 hours/week instead of 30+. That’s not exactly what I intended but I don’t wanna make any requests after I already made one, if that makes sense.

The good news is that I won’t appear to have to close again. I specifically have found that I can’t do the dishes on my own. It feels like I’m doing them a favor by giving that responsibility to someone else who’s better at it than I am.

The co worker that betrayed me and the guy that talked down on me when I was stressed out, I hate them both. I was feeling anger towards them as I was typing this.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 3:46 am

It does seem to be a trend in food related jobs where they get some employees and work them into the ground like that. Someone else I know complained about the same thing in another type of restaurant.

I can imagine it leading to burnout etc.

What are the opening times of the restaurant?

Glad they listened to you and gave you more normal hours

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 10:52 am

It opens at 11 AM every day. It’s open til midnight 5 days a week and on Friday and Saturday they’re open til 2 AM.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 11:00 am

Why do you think I don't work in fast food?

It's the same old crap. Different day.

I can understand this upsetting you. It would upset me, too. But you want to maintain consistently in your job history. You don't want to lose too many jobs in a year.

Have you thought about doing something in health care? There's a great demand for people in health care. Many times, the employer treats you better, too.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 12:19 pm

ok i sometimes think why dont they hire one person for 7 hours then there are 4 hours remaining, etc. doing those mental exercises , but they probaly have their own reasons for doing what they are doing

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 11:21 pm

Some of my coworkers, especially Jamiel and Jevell, appear to have been wasting a lot of time hanging out, on the clock

We work in a parking lot as Lot Lizards. Pushing carts and loading merchandise

There is a video tape but loss prevention only looks for illegal activity

Sometimes I try to lift things that are too heavy when other slaves should be helping but they are nowhere to be found or they refuse loading assistance

As a result I could easily get injured dropping heavy merchandise

I am afraid to tattle because "snitches get stitches"

Jamiel gives bad vibes. Makes me feel like he has felony conviction, psychiatric diagnoses, drug addiction, gang affiliation. He hasn't done anything wrong or bad, (besides "stealing time"), but plenty of slaves steal time. But I just get a bad feeling from him

Also they might be having sex with the manager

But I was unemployed for over four years before that job. Paranoid nobody will ever make the mistake of hiring my worthless corpse again