Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2022, 10:08 am

I love anime!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 10:09 am

I love Initial D. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 10:23 am

I like anime, but only when it is original material.  It seems that once a plotline or premise becomes popular, other anime artists want to publish their own copies of it.  Some only go so far as to snip the original video into little bits, and then reassemble the bits (with other bits thrown in) to produce a 'new' anime with the same characters.

It has come to the point where it seems every anime feature is derivative of every other anime feature to such a degree that when you have seen one anime feature, you have also seen them all.

But that is just my opinion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 2:41 pm

I like and watch a lot of anime.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:10 am

I like Japanese music from anime and video games if that counts?

MeltingCORE
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2022, 7:43 pm

I've been an avid collector of the medium since I got "Yotsuba" in 2005. (I was in 4th grade!) I have more manga than DVDs but yeah. (About 300 mangas compared to a handful of series on DVD.) I'm also an avid player of visual novels. Do any of you also play them? I really like what they call "crying games" because the stories tend to be touching. (ie "Air", "Kanon", "ef", "H20 ~Footprints in the Sand~", "Rain Marginal", etc.)

Also, some singers I enjoy who do anime and visual novel music: Miyuki Hashimoto, KOTOKO, Lia, Yui Sakakibara, Mami Kawada, MELL, Eiko Shimamiya, Rekka Katakiri, Nami Tamki, TWO-MIX, m.o.v.e, etc.

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Oct 2022, 3:29 am

I finally got back to watching One Piece and I pounded down the Skypiea and Water 7 sagas.

The Mauve Factor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Oct 2022, 6:09 am

Mostly, I can't stand anime at all. Weirdly enough, I've found a few series that I actually dig though: Cowboy Bebop, Gun x Sword, Venus Versus Virus and New Game were all super cool. I wish I could find more, but I don't really know what compels me to watch an entire series all the way through like these do.

I could imagine if I stumbled upon some paranormal ones I'd probably become a diehard fan overnight. VVV is my current favorite due to those themes for sure

himmellaufen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Oct 2022, 5:40 am

I do, but I watched very little this year and the previous one. Nowadays everything seems same-ish and predictable.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

31 Oct 2022, 10:17 am

of course

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2022, 7:57 pm

I love anime, manga, mahnwa, etc., etc. Here is my MAL https://myanimelist.net/profile/amboxer21

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 7:34 am

I prefer anime adaptations that adapt the entire manga with little to no deviations from the manga's plot and no 12 episode one season while the manga is further than that.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Aces High
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2022, 11:53 am

I got into some anime recently after becoming bored with 'normal' British/American TV shows. So it really was a whole new thing for me. It does get ragged on online but I wonder is that exaggerated? Some programmes I liked:

Hellsing
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Black Lagoon
Jormungand
Cowboy Bebop
Serial Experiments Lain

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

21 Dec 2022, 12:00 pm

Right now I'm watching

- Spy × Family
- My Hero Academia
- One Piece (re-watching)

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

hariboci
Raven
Raven

24 Dec 2022, 5:08 am

Aces High wrote:
I got into some anime recently after becoming bored with 'normal' British/American TV shows. So it really was a whole new thing for me.

Similarly to Aces I also got bored with Western media, especially American and I switched to Asian around 2012.
Anime was new to me, but I love it very much now. Not everything though.

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 4:07 pm

No, but my sister likes it.

Rivens Mercy on YouTube is a fan of it as well.