Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Garthilium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jan 2023, 4:56 pm

Anime and animated media is easier to read and understand stuff like facial expressions. subtitles are good too, dislike dub with it unless it's like something that was made in west.

Princess Viola
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2023, 6:16 pm

I like anime but I'm pretty specific on what I like because I find a lot of modern anime has content that seriously grosses me out because it wants to cater to that demographic, so I mostly stick to stuff that's mostly family or kid-friendly that doesn't have such content, series that I know have none of that content (but may not be family or kid-friendly), shoujo anime, and older series from the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

Also magical girl series, except for Madoka Magica I honestly hate that series so much.

PenPen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jan 2023, 11:25 am

Here and there. Kind of grew out of it, though still impressed by the creativity. I prefer movies and shows from the 80s/90s for their more detailed, gritty animation and less reliance on wish fulfillment tropes.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 9:25 am

Anime I like:
-Naruto
-.//hack
-Elemental Gelade
-Pokemon
-Little Busters!
-K-On!
-Love, Chuunibya, and other Delusions
-Almost anything by CLAMP
-A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun
-Fairy Tail

Anime I dislike:
-SAO
-Boruto
-Haruhi Suzamiya
-Love Hina
-Clannad
-Black Lagoon (seriously, it's as dark as frig. :roll: )
-xxHolic and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (sorry, I just find them confusing.)

I don't know much about the newer anime, like Spy x Family and My Hero Academia, so don't ask me about them.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 10:48 am

The best anime I've seen so far:
Death Note
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

TheJazzLovingGuy123
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2023, 3:32 pm

No, I much prefer non-fiction.

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2023, 8:12 pm

I really like anime.and manga.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2023, 8:34 pm

I have no life so I watch quite a bit.lol Though I'm more picky about what I watch these days. I tend to read reviews, then decide if it sounds interesting, or if it is rated well.

I occasionally will pick up some donghua. It took a bit to get use to it (language, culture differences etc) but some of them are quite interesting. I just finished San ti a bit ago and am currently watching Aiyou de Mishi

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jun 2023, 11:31 pm

Most recently Super Crooks, but I grew up on the super violent '90s OVAs like Blue Seed, Ninja Scroll, Curse of the Yoma. Digimon was pretty cool and I've liked every Gundam series I've seen: 08th MS Team (1995) and War in the Pocket (1989).

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 1:35 am

^ love gundam.

I love.anime. Currently don't know how.to.watch the newer anime.without a streaming service. (Out of price range for.the moment)

My roomate.had a giant box full.of.old.dvds..and it has alot.anime.in it. So.I'm pulling them out and watching them.one at a time.

Just watched the castle.of caligostro which is.a.lupin the 3rd.movie which was directed by miyazaki. I find a lot the lupin movies to be hit or miss but I thought this one was pretty good.

As far as.newer.anime.goes.i.liked.my hero.acadamia. when I can I want to.watch spy x family.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2023, 2:14 pm

Yes, I love anime and I just found a few streaming options via FireTV that don't require a monthly subscription.

-PlutoTV
-Tubi

Right now I am re-watching Ouran Highschool Host Club which is one of my favorite series.

I also just got back from an anime convention from a few weeks ago and I bought a shirt with my favorite tv show and Manga Fruits Baskets.

I also like
-Inuyasha
- Cowboy Bebop and especially the jazz opening
-Hellsing
-Ranma 1/2

I like anime horror shows better than live-action horror
-The Promised Neverland
-Blood +