Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 5:59 pm

I canceled Netflix over a year ago to save money, I canceled other streaming apps Boomerang, Amazon Prime, Spotify & Disney +, I kept Hulu, I watched General Hospital there & other shows. My friend gave me a gift card to Netflix 7 months ago, I keep forgetting about it.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 6:11 pm

I was overwhelmed by how much there was on there. I strangely couldnt find much i wanted to watch.

Maybe the suggestions were messed up because someone else used the account as well.

I subbed to disney+ and enjoyed it.
A huge documentary about industrial light & magic
caught up on marvel films i had missed
caught the latest star wars series, although they were just ok
enjoyed watching some marvel series
watched both poirot films

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:27 pm

When you live with others, you can split the cost of streaming services for the entire household.

Mom pays for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

We get Hulu for free thanks to T-Mobile.

I'm paying for HBO Max and Paramount+.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 9:56 pm

Disney + is having a sale $1.99 for one month. I want Disney, Hulu is going up next month.

The Mauve Factor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Oct 2022, 2:22 am

I technically have a lot of them because my wife subscribes to a fair amount of streaming services, but somehow YT is my sweet spot for mundane documentary-style videos. I'm not sure what I'll do when the day comes that I can't block their ads (probably just subscribe if it's cheap enough), but otherwise I can never find anything to watch on the traditional mediums because it all feels so canned and scripted.

I'm literally always hunting for new content though, because that's what I use as exercise fuel and motivation. I honestly wish I liked the types of things that most people liked, because I'd have way more to capture my attention.
One of them apparently has all of the Adult Swim content, but I'm pretty sure you can just watch them roulette-style on the website anyway, so I'm patient enough to just catch things when they 'air' at the risk of missing them entirely.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 11:29 pm

I have watched some good shows on Netflix. If you don't mind watching non-HD content, i.e, standard definition, it is fairly cheap for a subscription....

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 12:07 am

I cancelled Netflex because of their BS they are going to be doing to tackle on password sharing. Plus i got tired of having to reset our password.

I have disney plus and Paramount plus and amazon prime so we get prime video with it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 6:20 pm

Netflix doesn't let me download their videos, which I prefer to do in case they remove them from the service. And when I was watching their videos with my partner who lived on the other side of the Atlantic, it was annoyingly hard to find anything good that existed on both sides of the pond. We've still got Netflix but don't use it much. There's a lot of good stuff on YouTube which can be downloaded if you know how.

I was using DailyMotion quite a lot (again it's possible to download their stuff if you know how), but they've changed something and now I can't get their search feature working. It might be because I refuse to accept their cookie policy. I looked at it but there's no easy way of rejecting all but essential cookies. So if I want a video I have to find the URL for it using a search engine. And the picture quality of many videos is lousy.