Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 2:26 pm

Does Aspergers can have low energy?

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

30 Aug 2022, 2:29 pm

Yeah, people can be a battery drain… if I am really interested in something though, I can just hyper focus and get things done.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 3:02 pm

I get days where I feel lazy and I just want to do nothing and I feel like an elderly who forces herself to get off her ass and do things.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

drgafanovich
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Aug 2022, 3:59 pm

This could be an extremely wide range. I often happen to have my energy battery on the lows.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 4:36 pm

im low energy with everything except special interests, then my brain lights up. Whereas it is usually dull.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:31 pm

It can be.
Introverts more so. Intolerance to many things, sensory, situations or otherwise do factor.
Also health issues, mental issues.

In my case, I'm not. Not really.
Instead, my energy is just not well regulated. I'm not an introvert, I'm not a sensitive-intolerant type.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 9:12 pm

I find that most days I have low energy and I need to have one or even two naps. People can really drain my energy.

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Aug 2022, 9:20 pm

Yes, I have a lot of low-energy days but I am still recovering from very bad burnout and having covid twice and I have chronic sleep pattern issues so it's to be expected.

But even before I was sick and had this latest burnout I did. It is connected to how well I have slept, stress, how bad my sensitivities are, how healthy I've been eating, and how much I have been able to avoid wheat (I don't actually have intolerance but definitely sensitivity, it can really give me brain fog or tire me out when I go over a couple pcs of bread a day), how much I've been able to be in nature, and how much I've had to socialize.

Also, the tendency is to over-extend ourselves all the time because when you have two days of recovering and not being able to do something you have to play catch up and end up taking too many things to do. I think it is just a natural consequence of society not being very accommodating to autistic people.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 6:29 am

I'm energetic most days. The only time I feel tired is during my mom's marathon phone calls. I can only listen to so much rambling about her paperwork without getting drowsy. :D I do pace myself and give myself two calming breaks everyday and a lot of time for a good sleep. I eat my meals slowly, and do necessary work slowly and carefully. I lose my head when being rushed. By being slow and careful I almost never run out of energy. It's important to know your limits and never drain the battery completely.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 2:37 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Does Aspergers can have low energy?
Yes

Wreck It Ralph

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 4:26 pm

These days I notice my behaviour suggests I have low energy. I usually tackle at least one significant task every day, and I take long-ish, brisk walks, but I seem to spend most of my time just sitting around watching videos (most of which I barely enjoy).

I still don't understand why. I think part of the problem might be that I work very slowly and carefully, focussing on details, and so if I opened too many projects then it would get too complicated for my brain to keep up with. So I try to stick to one job at a time. Another factor is that (unfortunately) a lot of my tasks involve trying to get service providers to co-operate with me on important matters, and I'm often strongly tempted to delay tackling them because it's a scary thing to do. I don't know if I truly have low energy or not. Maybe my brain is just the slow and careful type. I used to feel very lethargic and languid when I was a young teenager, but I grew out of that.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 5:36 pm

Ugh… yes can be low energy … many times . And emotional mental stress seems to exaggerate the situation . :skull:

where ever you go ,there you are

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 6:57 pm

Often, and when I'm high energy it's too intense to focus. :oops:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う