WrongPlanet Forums Appreciation Thread

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Are you ok with this appreciation thread?
Yes, its ok. 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
No, its not ok. 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 9

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Aug 2022, 7:06 am

Hi again everyone, its me Noamx again. Sorry to drop by out of nowhere like this again with a new thread, but I just had to. I couldnt stop myself. In fact, I think you all deserve it and you have been so nice to me and all that. Basically, this thread I'm creating now is for the purpose of showing appreciation towards the help you gave me lately in various threads I have created before. Let me explain.

Well basically, I appreciate it very much, and, I think you deserve a thread for that, so thats why I decided to create this thread now, because I think alot of people generally receive help / advice and although they might appreciate it, they usually dont show it much, if at all, and they obviously dont create a new thread just for that. But, I decided to do that because I really think you deserve it and my appreciation towards you is very big. I have big problems in my life, and thank god, your help / advice have helped me alot, no doubt about it. Thats why I think you deserve this appreciation thread. And no, I'm not trolling or something like that, this is 100% serious, and I 100% mean every single word I say now. The big problems in my life have become much smaller thanks to you, and I'm sure its mostly thanks to the help and advice you gave me. Unfortunately, despite the big problems being smaller now thanks to you, the problems still exist, and I'm still dealing with them. But obviously, dealing with them much better now thanks to you, no doubt about it. Can you please explain what you think about all this? I'd appreciate that. Thanks.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Aug 2022, 5:23 pm

Noamx wrote:
I think alot of people generally receive help / advice and although they might appreciate it, they usually dont show it much, if at all, and they obviously dont create a new thread just for that
That's been my experience receiving advice on here & on other forums. By the time I'm able to apply advice & realize the positive results, I feel the threads are dead & it'll be necromancy just to post a status update after so much time has passed.

I'm glad we've been able to help you & things are much more manageable for you :D

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 12:18 am

We appreciate having you here.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2022, 10:05 am

nick007 wrote:
Noamx wrote:
I think alot of people generally receive help / advice and although they might appreciate it, they usually dont show it much, if at all, and they obviously dont create a new thread just for that
That's been my experience receiving advice on here & on other forums. By the time I'm able to apply advice & realize the positive results, I feel the threads are dead & it'll be necromancy just to post a status update after so much time has passed.

I'm glad we've been able to help you & things are much more manageable for you :D

Quote:
We appreciate having you here.

Thanks mates, nice to hear that.

Can you explain what do you think about the idea of creating an appreciation thread like this generally, and if it looks weird or stupid, or maybe unnecessary?

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 10:27 am

I think that threads like this are a good idea. I really wish that more people would post in this thread.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2022, 7:06 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that threads like this are a good idea. I really wish that more people would post in this thread.

Not many replies here yet unfortunately.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 7:12 pm

You don't need explicit community approval in order to participate and we appreciate your presence.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2022, 10:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
You don't need explicit community approval in order to participate and we appreciate your presence.

Considering how curious I was about this, I think in my case, its better off to receive this explicit community approval. I can agree if you think its weird, stupid, unnecessary... but in my case I think it was ok.